16

Camila's POV:

Lauren had stayed with me last night. She didn't go out and hunt until sunset, she stayed, with me, in bed.

"Morning, Camz." Lauren smiled at me as I turned to face her.

"You're awake?" I asked in a low tone.

"Yeah. Come on, we're going out today!" Lauren told me as I raised an eyebrow. "Clothes shopping!"

"Why?"

"Because you're always saying you're fed up of me wearing the same clothes..." Lauren smiled. "So, I was thinking, we could shop for each other and make each other try them on!"

"That's a great idea! Come on, then!" I leaped out of bed, full of energy as did Lauren.

-----------------------------

I've been walking around the clothes store for ten minutes now, trying to chose an outfit for Lauren to wear.

After another fifteen minutes, I had my outfit ready; a tight fitted red lace dress with black high heels and a choker. I know I should have used this shopping trip to my advantage, making Lauren dress up ridiculously, but I've always wanted to see Lauren in a red dress.

"Camz, you finished?" Lauren called, approaching me.

"Yeah, come on Jauregui!" I smirked as we exchanged each other's outfits and I headed towards the changing rooms, leaving Lauren outside on one of the seats.

Lauren actually picked me out something not so embarrassing; a fitted white blouse, a tight black leather skirt and some white high heels.

Once the clothes were on, I looked at myself in the mirror. Lauren's choice actually did look really good on me.

"Fuck." Was all Lauren said as I revealed myself. "I have so many dirty thoughts and desires right now..."

"Your turn." I smirked as Lauren sulked, removing her leather jacket and placing it on the arm of the chair before going off into the changing room.

When Lauren walked back out, my heart stopped and my breath hitched in my throat. I've been so used to seeing Lauren dressed in her tomboy clothes.

"Do you like it?" Lauren stood there nervously.

"Like it?" I whispered, "I fucking love it!"

Lauren broke into a smile and blushed bashfully.

"What do you think? Would you ever wear a dress now you know you look amazing in one?" I asked.

"Maybe, I'd wear one if it was a special occasion..." Lauren wondered, "But you know I can't wear one whenever due to my hunting and due to who I am."

"I understand." I smiled, picking up Lauren's jacket. "Jesus, Lo, what have you got in here?! It weighs a ton!" I giggled. My smile dropped when I saw Lauren's expression. She quickly reached over and snatched the jacket out of my hands, panic written all over her face.

"Don't ever touch my belongings without permission." She hissed, "Do you understand?"

I was shocked to say the least. Firstly, secretive phone calls and texts. Zayn. Meet ups. Now this. What's in her jacket? What's happening that she won't tell me?

"I'm sorry I-"

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I told you from the start, Camz. I don't deserve you. I told you I'd end up hurting you and here I am, making you scared of me." Lauren mumbled as tears began to fall. I've not once ever witnessed Lauren showing so much emotion. I hate that she's bottling everything inside.

"You do deserve me!" I shouted, reaching over to hold her cold hand. "You always will. When I began falling for you, I knew what I was getting myself in to. I knew you were a vampire, and I knew that it was risky. But you're still here, and so am I. Don't you think that's enough to prove that I love you no matter what?"

"I l-love you t-too." Lauren stuttered through tears. She really was broken...but why? She's always been the confident, full of herself, arrogant woman who always stood her ground...but now, she was weak, upset and needed love that I'm willing to provide if she lets me.

"You can tell me anything you know, Lo. Don't feel as though you need to bottle everything inside. I know you're struggling, but, whatever it is, I'll be here for you." I reached up to place a delicate kiss on her forehead, causing a slight smile to form on her lips.

"See?" I smiled, pinching her cheeks. "Everything will be okay, I promise."

"I hope you're right."