17

Camila's POV:

Images of the past few days flashed through my mind all night. I couldn't get to sleep and by the look of it, neither could Lauren.

"Take a walk with me?" Lauren mumbled into my shoulder making me shudder. I quickly nodded as we got changed and left.

We walked for ages in a comfortable silence for a while until a pier came into view.

"Lo! Let's take selfies on the pier!" I said excitedly, dragging her along with me.

"What's a selfie?" Lauren asked curiously.

"A picture, baby. A picture." I sighed as Lauren huffed. "I didn't bring my phone!"

"I did!" Lauren giggled as we continued to walk down the pier that was illuminated by electric blue lights. Lauren reached into the pocket of her leather jacket, pulling out her phone but something fell out with it. Was that what I thought it was?

I peered down and looked intently at the object, bringing it to my nose and inhaling deeply, making me nearly barf. I can't believe this!

Lauren wasn't cheating, she wasn't a murderer...she was a drug addict?

I glanced back down at the small packet in my hand. Just by looking at it, I could tell it was weed. I sighed and looked up to see Lauren at the end of the pier with a smile on her face. I placed the package into my jean pocket and made my way up to her. She smiled and wrapped an arm around me, I tensed at first but relaxed so Lauren wouldn't get suspicious.

"It's beautiful, right?" I forced myself to say. I watched as Lauren put her hand in her jacket pocket. Her face suddenly froze when she realized there was nothing there. She turned to face me with a panicked expression.

"Looking for this?" I asked, holding up the substance.

Lauren's features turned fearful when she saw me holding what she wanted.

"Care to explain?" I spat as Lauren swallowed hard.

"Camz-"

"Don't 'Camz' me! How long has this been going on?" I screamed. "And don't even think about lying because I've been watching you a lot recently!"

"C-"

"Get this off Zayn, did you?" I bellowed, pointing to the drugs.

"Y-yes...he's my dealer...and my best friend." Lauren mumbled which was barely audible.

"What possessed you to do this, Lauren?" I wept. "Wasn't I your 'one and only addiction'?"

"It's not your fault, okay?" Lauren yelled. "It's mine. I've been an addict for years and years now. I just didn't want to tell you. You already disagree with my smoking and I knew that this would make everything worse! I didn't want to lose you!"

"You should have told me the truth! I'd still have stayed with you, you idiot!" I cracked a small smile through my tears as I made eye contact with a panting Lauren. "I want to help you. You need it, Lo."

"I know, but I just love when I inhale the joint. It makes me feel at ease." Lauren sighed.

"Let's just go home alright? Unless you want to hunt?" I raised an eyebrow as Lauren shook her head.

"Camz?" She called as I hummed in response. "Can I have my weed back?"

"Seriously?" I began to raise my voice again.

"I want it so I can throw it into the sea!" Lauren declared as I sighed, handing it to her as she chucked it away.

"See. It wasn't so hard was it?" I smiled as Lauren shook her head.

"No, it was really, really hard."

"We'll get through it okay?" I kissed her cheek and we walked back hand in hand.

-----------------------------------------

Obviously that didn't last long...

* Two weeks later *

I turned over and found Lauren wasn't there, yet again. As I did the other day, I sneaked out my room and descended the stairs. Was this new morning routine to stop me from catching her?

I found her in the same spot as the first time I saw her talking to Zayn.

Lauren's back drugs? For how long? After everything? Why didn't she tell me?!

I kept all these thoughts to myself as my brain tried to process everything.

Was it only weed she smoked? Does she snort drugs? Is she addicted again?

I watched as Lauren clumsily picked up her phone, answering to Zayn probably.

"Hey, Zayn!" Lauren shouted happily down the phone, pacing around.

"I need more! I want more!" Lauren groaned in anger down the phone as my eyes widened.

I couldn't bare to watch anymore. I entered the house with teary eyes and headed back to my bed.

After a few minutes, Lauren returned, stumbling over me to, placing a kiss on my forehead as she knelt down. I had my eyes closed which made Lauren think I was asleep. I laid there silently as Lauren spoke.

"I love you, Camz." Lauren mumbled as her disgusting breath hit me. I remained still nevertheless.

Lauren started poking at my face with her nail, causing me to twitch.

"You're awake!" Lauren yelled making me jump.

"Lauren! What the hell!" I yelled, opening my eyes which widened when I looked at Lauren's blood shot ones.

"Camz! Camz! Guess what!" Lauren jumped up and down.

"What?" I sighed in annoyance.

"I'm high!" Lauren squealed, running around until she tripped over her own feet, landing flat on the floor.

"For crying out loud, Laur!" I groaned, getting up and pulling her up.

"Lauren! You promised you'd stop!" I screamed as Lauren started twitching.

"Lauren?" I yelled as she continued. No answer.

Is she having a fit?! Oh my god!

I picked up my phone, quickly dialling Dinah's number.

"DINAH!" I yelled down the phone.

"Yo dawg!" She yelled back, cheerfully,

"Dinah! Come over NOW! I think Lauren's having some sort of attack!"

"WHAT? Okay, Chanch, I'm on my way!"

"Please, hurry." I wept as the line went dead.