Chapter 10「The Road to Stardom」

(This chapter is inspired by Love Live! The School Idol Movie.)

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Rie's POV

"And that was Finalist Rie Ikeda covering the song Loneliest Baby, originally sung by the popular school idol group, μ's!" I hear the host say in the microphone as I finished singing the song I used for the singing competition of the finalists.

I stood on the stage of a huge singing competition taking place here in this very city, Chiheisen City! Talented people living in the area, Kita Hiragimokuzai, were chosen to participate in the Annual Kita Hiragimokuzai Singing Competition, which takes place in the Kita Hiragimokuzai Theatre of Arts, and I was one of the people chosen ♪ 10 talented people were chosen, including me, and the first competition had the competitors sing seperately, then the judges determine the top 4. The top 4 then become the finalists, and they have one week to practice singing their songs for the singing competition of the finalists that takes place a week after the regular singing competition.

The crowd cheered and applaused after I performed the song. I bowed my head and after bowing, I lift my head up and spot my light red-headed older sister, Maiko, her hand up in the air and waving. She was with my parents, the owners of Kiseki Tone. Clefu layed on Maiko's shoulder, with a proud look on his face.

"Rie~!" I hear Maiko call happily.

A happy expression appears on my face, and I wave back. "Maiko~!"

I was the last of the 4 finalists to perform my song, and then the host called for the other finalists.

I see the three other finalists stand by me, brave and confident. I look at them curiously, then I tried to look brave and confident as well.

~ Couple of minutes later ~

The judges have already announced the 3rd place winner and 2nd place winner, and they both received the trophies. The 1st place winner was either gonna be me, or this girl who was a student from Takumi Ishimaru Middle School, which is a middle school located in Chiheisen City like Ritsu Ē Himuro Middle School. That middle school is also the rival school of the school I go to, which is obviously, Ritsu Ē Himuro Middle School.

"Now it's the moment you've all been waiting for!" The host said with great enthusiasm, "We're down to two fabulous finalists! We have 12-year old Rie Ikeda and 13-year old Asuka Komagata." The host pointed out, "One of these two will be 1st place!"

A moment passed before he revealed the winner, "1st place of this year's Annual Kita Hiragimokuzai Singing Competition goes to... Rie Ikeda!"

My eyes spreaded wide in shock and surprise. I'm... the winner...? For real? Well, I kinda thought I did pretty well, if I do say so myself~

The whole audience cheered, and the host approached me with a golden trophy with many music notes sculpted on top of it. As I gently grasped the base of the trophy, I started to feel dizzy, a lot.

I suddenly find myself with Natsumi and Karin, we were walking around a place, and we passed by Ritsu É Himuro Middle School.

"Ah! Here's the middle school we'll be going to! Can't believe we're now on our last school term of our last elementary year." Karin cheered.