Chapter 4「Riri Takes the Stage」

Yuki's POV

It was now the second week of school. Gathered two Pretty Cures, three more to go. Over the weekend, I always wondered what power the next Precure would wield? Wind? Ice? Or maybe... Music?

Well, a magical girl that wields the power of music would be rather interesting...

After school, I exited the first year building gates with Miharu, having a nice conversation.

As we were walking, I hear a familiar, cheerful voice beside me greet me, "Hiya, Yuki-chan~!"

I stop walking look to my side and spot Karin and Natsumi, smiling.

"O-oh... hey there, Karin and Natsumi." I greet.

I then lock my eyes on Miharu.

"M-Miharu, I'd like to introduce you to these two~ I then gesture my hand towards Karin, "This is-"

"No, no need to introduce them to me." Miharu stated in a very blunt way, looking down with hidden eyes, "I already know who they are."

I stared at Miharu in awe. Strange, she usually doesn't act this blunt.

"O-oh, then I guess-"

"I must get going...!" She interrupted, and we watched as she scampered off.

I watched her worriedly. I spend the same amount of time with Karin and Natsumi as with Miharu. She can't be acting this way out of jealousy... right?

Anyways, Karin, Natsumi, the fairies and I began discussing who the next Precure will be as we began to walk.

"Well, it would be nice if we had a Precure of Music on our team!" Karin said happily, "Right, Natsumi-chan...?"

"Well, yeah." She replied, folding her arms behind her head, with her schoolbag in her grasps, "But I was thinking of somethin' more badass, like a Precure of Fire, ya know."

"Hey, isn't Karin considered the Precure of Fire, digo~?" Inudigo reminded, "I mean, she has the power of the morning sun, and usually fire is associated with the sun, digo~!"

"Oh, right!"

We were close to the school gates and we continued walking, suddenly, a trio of first year students walked right past us, stopping us on our tracks.

"Ah! It's Riri~!" Karin hissed in surprise, watching the trio walk by.

"R-Riri...?" I stuttered, rather curious as I watched as well. My eyes immediately lock on the girl in between the two students. She had elbow-length dark purple hair with a left side ponytail.

Natsumi nodded in response, "Uh-huh. Riri is not her real name, that's just a nickname Karin gave to Rie."

"Rie?"

"Yup. Karin and I have been friends with her ever since 6th Grade in elementary." She revealed.

"I see..." I murmured, the fairies and I staring at her in awe. I seemed to have recognized her.  She was one of the girls Karin was with when they read the newspaper about Cure Radiant...