Part One: June-5

The truck was a huge monster. Hunter had to pick me up so I could get into the car. He drove the contraption incredibly fast, making me grip my seat for the first five minutes in shock and terror.

The fear disapered after I adjusted to the speed, and then there was nothing but the radio and blured images. The blurriness I tried to ignore, instead I focused on the static lined beats of 107.8. Unfortunately, after an hour the radio broke.

“Damn it,” Hunter sighed, glancing from the road to the radio, “I just fixed that!”

“What’s wrong with it?” I questioned. I’m not sure why, but I always just knew how to fix things. The methods just came to me.

“I don’t know, I’ve tried so many things already,” He sighed and shook his head.

“Do you mind if I look at it?” I tilted my head.

“Sure,” He shrugged and turned on his blinker. As he looked behind him I removed the loose cover and revealed the radio wires. Quickly I twisted two of the wires tighter together and detached a different pair of wires. I disconnected another pair and connected the remaining wires together. Hunter grumbled and I sat back up, “Asshole, that’s how you get into an accident!”

“Calm down,” I said, looking into his eyes and getting caught in the drastic contrast of light and dark.

“Sorry, road rage,” He chuckeled as I put the cover back on. I turned on the radio and the music came through, clear as day. “How did you DO that!?”

I shugged my shoulders. I don’t even know how I do things like that, I just do them. I sometimes, very quickly, wonder how I manage to fix almost anything I lay my hands on. But I instantly gain a headache and so I try not to think about it.

“And how long till we get to pick up this other person?” I asked, trying to change the subject away from curiosity.

“We will probably be there around….seven.” He said, tapping the sterring wheel along with the music. I looked at the clock on the dash board to see that it was two and my stomach grumbled.

“Hungry?” Hunter grinned.

“Shush,” I frowned as I opened up the cooler packed with snacks. I took out the turky and chedder sandwhich my mom made me and put it on my lap. I began serching for the chips, I found doritos and placed them next to….wheres my sandwhich?! I looked on the floor and in my purse. When I looked back at my knee, my chips were gone as well.

“That was mine!” I whined we I saw Hunter stuffing his face with MY sandwhich.

“Sowwy” He said with his mouth full. He tried to smile to, which my me burst with laughter.

“Oh, no its ok!” I said inbetween bursts, “My mom packed a few sandwhiches because she knew you would want one.”

I took out another sandwhich and bag of chips. Then I grabbed two water bottles from the cooler.

“Thanks,” He said as I handed him an open water bottle. He took a big gulp while watching the road, his food sat in his lap.

“You know,” I said as I took back the water bottle, “If you wanted a sandwhich, you could have just told my mom. She would have custom made it.”

“Yeah, but I kind of wanted to get out of there,” He shuddered, “Your mom scares me…”

“What?!” I laughed, “My sweet, gracious mother scares you!? Aren’t you supposed to be some sort of fearless spy?”

“First of all,” He shook his head, “Spies are supposed to be full of fear, this way they know when to get out of a situation. We are just supposed to hide our fear unless we are in a siuation that needs us to be scared to stay undercover.”