Part One: June-12

The car ride was a little quiet, the three of us just listening to the raidio. Katy Perry’s ET was playing, a little poppy for the radio station but I still enjoyed the song.

            “That was the mark,” Hunter said, reaching under his seat. He pulled out  gas mask and put it on as he drove with his knees. He put his left hand back on the wheel and adjusted it with his right.

            I looked back at Perry, who was leaning forward in the seat. Then I saw Hunter go under his seat once again, removing a spraypaint can.

            “He-ey,” Perry stuttered nervously, “W-w-w-what abo-out ma-ma-ma-my mask? You promis-mis-mised I cou-could-“

            “Sorry,” Hunter shrugged and sprayed in Perry’s face, the boy instantly dropped back into his seat. I looked at Hunter, eyes wide.

            “Wha-What are you doing,” I choked, my hands going to unbuckle my seat belt.

            “Sorry Riley,” His voice, bouncing off tha hallow walls of the gas mask, sounded demonic, “I’m just following orders.”

            He sprayed and I closed my eyes and mouth. I fumbled with the belt, it wouldn’t come off. I was running out of oxygen, my lungs tighted. I couldn’t hold it asny longer and sucked in a large breath. I choked and strived to stay awake.

            But resistance didn’t matter, everything has already became the statis inbetween songs on a vinal disc. And, even worse, it became the silent switching of the ipod playlist….