Part One: June-43

INPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END, PLEASE READ

“Hunter?” I mumbled, my voice week.

            “Oh god,” He gentally sat me down in the shade, leaning against one of the cabins, “You scarred me.”

            “Ow,” I winced and pressed my fingers into my temples. “That had to be the worst migrane I have ever had.”

            “Uh, I have to go get the nurse,” He looked behind him before returning his gave to me. The stark contrast of chocolate brown and skyblue of his eyes had lessened the pain. It was now only like a tiny pinch instead of a hurricain of glass. “Wait here, I’ll send someone to watch you. Okay?”

            “Okay,” I sighed as I watched him jog around the corner. I really didn’t need the nurse, but I think I needed some time to think about my migranes. I never really had visions with them that were just so real. Maybe a passing word- go, hide, run, watch, or learn- but never actual scenes. A shiver ran up my spine when I thought of that loud gun shot and the sicking sight of the blood moving like red syrup across the floor.

            “Riley Preston I presume?” I turned my head to the right to see a girl in a yellow sundress. She looked young, with bright brown eyes and light brown hair that stopped right above her shoulder. A wide smile appeared under her thin nose when I nodded. “I’m Ciarra Jewell Bigland, Yellow team. You’re a first year so I’m not going to bother telling you all my accomplishments.”

            “That’s okay,” I nodded as she plopped beside me, her pale legs only slightly darker then mine. “And, nice meeting you and all, but I don’t have to watch me. I’m fine.”

            “Yeah, I can see that,” She giggles, “Your health represents a a unicorns. But I can’t disobey my captains’ orders.”

            “I thought your said you were on the yellow team?” I turned to her, wasn’t Hunter supposed to send someone?

            “I am, by Captain I ment Cassidy. I have to listen to her even though I don’t like her,” She shuddered and leaned towards me, “She did something to me last summer.”

            “What-?” I was about to ask her about what Cassidy did, but the twitching of the girls eyes told me otherwise. “Nevermind, but why does she want you to watch me.”

            “Hmm, well, she never told me not to tell you why and I wouldn’t mind foiling her plans,” She glanced to her right, “She went to go have a meeting with Captain Caulden of the Blue team.”

            “Hunter?” I gasped, that liar, he is supposed to be getting a nurse.

            “Oh my god,” I quickly turned to my left when Ciarra almost fell back in shock, trying to see the danger, but only Casper was trudgeing by with his combat boots, “That bad boy is definitely calling my name.”

            She wiped some of the drool off of her face before looking at me.

            “Hey, I don’t like Cassidy but I like you. I think I know where my loyalties lie.” She looked back to Casper, “so I think I’m going to have a slight distraction form my mission.”

            With that she stood up and winked, skipping over to Casper and leaving me with out a guard.

            “I wonder what Hunter is telling Cassidy that was so important,” I slowly stood up, wobbling a little, before making my way to the forest.

*

*

*

A/N

So, apologies to the shortness of this section D: I know, it's very short.

Now, I'm entering the Watty Awards (not with this story, of course, because it was started before the cut off date) and I would really love if you guys supported me and the book (it's romance and teen fiction but I'm entering it for teen fiction). It's titled "Flirting 101" and the first chapter is already up. It would be cool if you went to vote, comment and stuff!

-Taylor Mae B

ps, thanks for reading and voting if you did. I'll think you if you comment/fan with a nice personal message :D