Part One: June-35

^for being an awesome fan <3

“Have you seen Casper?” I asked a girl in a green dress.

            “Johnson or Lovette?” She tilted her head, a sly smile winding her lips.

            “Uh,” I thought, a little surprised that there would be two Casper’s in the camp, “The one that looks like Taylor Lautner?”

            “Oh!” She giggled, “He’s a hottie! Now, why are you looking for him?”

            “Hunter Caulden asked me to,” I watched her fluff her short, pale brown hair and look around.

            “Do you know why the captin needs him?” she asked, while looking off to the right. I tried to follow her gaze, but it seemed like there was nothing there.

            “No,” I shook my head. Does there always have to be a reason to find someone?

            “Well then,” She giggled, “I wonder what is going on....”

            “I don’t think anything is going on,” I bit my lip, “But, you do know where Casper is, right?”

            “I have no idea,” She shrugged, I clenched my teeth, “I saw Dasha up here earlier and he always finds a way to dissapear when she’s around.”

            “Well, Thank you anyways,” I said, turning around  and taking a deep breath. I pasted by and exit door and scanned the dance floor.

            “Are you looking for someone special?” an enchanting voice whispered into my ear. I whipped my head around to spot Cassidy standing casually and looking like a model in her jean shorts, converse, and layered tanks. Her beautiful chocolate layers of hair were bundled on the top of her head, red chopsticks poking out. The perfectly tan skin covered in dirt and her cheeks were painted with two black stripes. If I dressed like that, I would look like a mess. She looked like the goddess Athena ariving gracefully after practicing war techniques.

            “Casper,” I said, slightly unsure of myself. And a little intimadated by Cassidy.

            “Ah,” She nodded and leaned back against the wall of the cabin, “And why are you looking for him?”

            “Hunter asked me to?” I looked away from her and around the crowded room, trying to calm myself back into a poker face.

            “Really?” I turned back to her, and saw the smile. The smile that I saw in Dean Jame’s office, the one that screamed friendship. And, even though I should know better, it actually made me want to be friends with her. “And why does Hunter want Casper? Is something exciting going on?”

            “Nothing really,” I shrugged, trying to act as calm and cool as I was with the giggling girl moments before.

            “If nothing is going on,” Her eyes twinkleing like a cat who caught it’s prey, “Then how did that awful cut on you face?”

            My eyes grew wide and I reached for my cheek. Sure enough, the gash was still there.

            “That was from when I played volleyball earlier today,” I tried to smile like hers, but I know it was coming out a little forced. How was I ever going to be careful around a girl like this. She just screams the perfect friend who I want to tell my secrets to.

            Stay calm, and you will hold a perfect composure. Ready to do those breathing excersices, Riley-girl? The deep voice echoed in my mind and a small headache formed at it’s source. My breathing slowed, it wasn’t even but it wasn’t supposed to be. In. Out. Out. Out. In. Out. Out.