Chapter 19- My Brains Are Sick But That's Okay

(Trigger Warning)

Brendon's POV

"Byee!! See you at school tomorrow Jon!"
Me and Ryan stand in his doorway, leaning against his doorframe. Jon and Spencer wave back at us and begin strolling down the street hand in hand. They make such a cute couple I swear to god. No ones cuter than me and Ry though. We are the best. Okay...maybe second place to Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump.

Ryan closes the door after him and smiles at me widely.
"That went interestingly."

"You mean that awkward fist to palm collision? Yeah that was the best of introductions Ryro." Never underestimate the undeniable force of sarcasm in me. I will use it to the death of I have too. I guess it's lucky Ryan's just as sarcastic as me.

"Ha ha very funny" He shoots back "But you know that's what my mum calls me right?"

"What- Ryro?" I ask while I could feel a blush creeping up onto my cheeks. It's like calling a teacher mom. Oops. Accidental flashback to 6th grade.

"Yeah but you can call me that it's okay" He smiles amusingly and leans back against the back of the front door. Oh shit! I just remembered I need to be home. Each and every Sunday I've made it my priorities to check in on my mom. No matter what I just don't feel right not knowing she's safe. I know it'l cost me and I know she doesn't care about me, neither does she care about how her recent condition is effecting my life. The only thing she cares for is her alcohol. If my dad hadn't-

"Bren?" Ryan snaps his fingers in front of my eyes. I focus back on reality and I was met with his concerned eyes staring at me.
"Sorry I-I just zoned out there. I just remembered I need to go home sorry Ry." I say, distantly. He furrows his eyebrows and still looks worried. Ryan always worries too much though. I wish he wouldn't.

"Your going to be safe right?" His question soaked with care and worry. I know I have to lie. I can't let him worry about me of all people. I don't deserve it and it's unnecessary to shake the unstable walls of his anxiety. God knows why we would do if they fell down all together.

"Yeah I'll be safe it's fine she won't be there." I lie. I've always known I was a good lier but lying to Ryan just feels wrong. It's for the best though. Seeing the relief on his face hurts me even more. He's going to see the bruises tomorrow and know what happened.

I fetch my bag from his room and meet him back downstairs to say bye. His arms lock me in a cage of safety and I enjoy the care while it lasts.

I hug him back tightly and plant a soft kiss on his cheek, feeling his face heat up as I pull away. Awwww he's blushing again. So goddamn cute and he can't even control it.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow okay?" I say as I mentally prepare myself for the short-but-long walk back to my mums house. I guess I've stopped calling my house because I don't exactly live there really. Besides, I don't want too.

"Yeah see you tomorrow."
His hand slipped back out of mine when I slid out of his doorway and out on the cold streets of our neighbourhood. We kiss goodbye sweetly then Ryan closes the door.

The last thing he said to me was spoken so dreamily. It's like he honestly really wants to see me tomorrow. I wonder if he'll ever get bored of seeing me. I wonder how long that'll take before I get too annoying to be around anymore. I wonder if he thinks I'm too much already... Dammit Brendon! You're not even 5 steps off his driveway and you've already made yourself feel sick!