XI

|Cordell|

i was in so much pain it was unbearable. I spit up blood and looked up and the man standing over me was not Kendrick at all. this was a white man that stood about 6'7".

"oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I thought you were an intruder"

he said to me covering his moth then pulling his phone out of his pocket to call what I'm guessing was the police. I was bleeding out heavily and I just knew I was about to pass out. my vision was blurry and I was super light headed. my throat began to clog and my chest ached causing me to choke on my own throw up. I hit the ground for help the best I could until I was completely out of it.

|Charlie|

right now all I could do was cry. first my house got burned down meaning I was homeless and had nothing and now Cordell was missing. my heart ached and on top of that I just found out grandma only had a few days to live because her cancer had spread uncontrollably.

so with all of this going on I have to take care of serenity and myself and still hope that Cordell is alive. my heart was crushed and I couldn't do anything about it.

after driving and driving for hours I finally found a hotel that wasn't booked. I checked In and laid serenity down then walked to the bathroom and stripped completely out of my clothes and got in shot bubble bath. the water relaxed my body and helped relieve some of the stress I had built up. I grabbed my loofa and started to scrub my body. I smelt like straight up smoke considering I was standing super close to my house. I propped my feet up ok the side and lauded back closing my eyes trying to calm my thoughts.

I felt myself going into a daze when my phone started ringing. I dried my hands an answered.

"hello?"

"hi this is Dave and I'm a doctor at Toronto Medical Hospital and a patient by the name Cordell Xavier was just checked in. he's been shot in the back and beaten up really badly. he requested me to call you, can you come down to the hospital and speak with me?"

my heart almost jumped out of my chest. I jumped out off the tub and threw on some clothes.

"I'll be on the first flight there, don't let him leave that room".

I said hanging up the phone. I smiled gracefully and grabbed serenity heading to the airport.

once I made it to Toronto I caught hell trying to get to the hospital. once I arrived I sprinted to his room and inside crying my eyes out. I was so happy yet sad at the income. just then my phone started ringing again and I answered it because it was Aaliyah.

"hello?"

"she's gone Charleston..."

"what? Aaliyah elaborate I don't know what you're talking about love bug"

I chewed my nails and looked at Cordell while he stared at me intensely.

"grandma... she just died Charlie"

I dropped my phone covering my mouth. I didn't think it would be this soon. I felt tears well in my eyes and my hands got really sweaty. next thing I know all you could hear in the room were the machines and my snobs crying over them. god please give me strength because you know I need it most.