III

|Charlie|

Every word hit me harder than an 18- Wheeler. I don't understand why he's in such denial about Amariee being abusive. Even grandma sees it and she's blind out of one eye.

"Excuse me Cordell?! If you haven't noticed I've been the one there for you since day one. When your parents died I had your fucking back not her! When you found out she was pregnant , I helped you tell your auntie! I helped you get those jobs! You're using my connections but I'm a stupid bitch?! Oh fr?! I'm stupid but when amariee fucks up you come to me for advice? When y'all break up you come a stay with me! How many times has held you down?! None, but its cool. You love her but we both know that she not me."

By this time I was finished crying. I saw his face soften up but his words stuck like glue on paper. Disrespect is disrespect I Dont care who its from I Dont tolerate it.

"Charlie I'm sorry.. " he said hanging his head low.

"Fuck you Cordell , you can leave now. I don't have anything to say to you."

He reached to grab serenity and I punched him.

"You're not taking her" I said getting teary eyed again. I felt like CPS was taking my child away from me for no reason.

"Yes I am. Shes my daughter and my responsibility. You're not keeping my daughter away from me or her MOTHER"

Now I'm beyond furious. Cordell knows how I feel about him and he likes to throw it up in my face. He knows I think as rere like she's my daughter and whenever he's mad at me he keeps her away. He's so full of bullshit , I can't take it anymore.

"You are a piece of shit just like Amariee. I'm keeping your child away from danger and you thinking im the one harming her!? You're fucking stupid if you Dont understand that. YOU'RE DUMB ASS GIRLFRIEND IS ABUSING YOUR DAUGHTER. YOU'RE STILL WITH HER AFTER SEVERAL OCCASIONS OF HER ABUSE. NOT ONLY PHYSICALLY BUT VERBALLY. SERENITY IS FACING DEATH BECAUSE OF AMARIEE AND ALL YOURE WORRIED ABOUT IS MAKING AMARIEE HAPPY. YOU DISRESPECTFUL , ILL-MANNERED , UNGRATEFUL, SORRY EXCUSE OF A FATHER ASS NIGGA CAN LEAVE AND DONT COME BACK!"

|Cordell|

I looked at her and chuckled. She doesn't know amariee like I know her. Charlie is known for fighting over anything. Literally, if one thing sets her off she automatically swings on whoever. Amariee would never hurt my baby and I know that for a fact and no one can tell me other wise.

I grabbed Serenity and left. The ride home was a long ways so why not enjoy the silence and ride around. Lord knows I need some piece and quietness. Off to the beach I go.

|Amariee|

I woke up and my face was throbbing and dripping blood. It hurt to even move my lips. I slowly stood up and walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror and my first reaction was to scream but it hurt so bad. My hair was uneven and I had pieces of glass deep in my skin. I carefully lifted my shirt and grew angry. "Charleston" was carved into my stomach and I had two butcher knives stuck in my legs.

I yanked them out and threw them. Right now I feel no pain I'm just extremly angry. I punched the mirror and threw open the cabinet door yanking it off of the hinges. I got my medicine and walked to the kitchen. I knew Cordell would want his daily meal so I'll fix it but I won't be in sight when he eats it.

I opened the bottles and poured some pills in my hand and counted them. 7, his favorite number. I put them in the blender and let it crush them up. I grabbed the plastic cups and poured those in it and labeled the cup as salt. I started cooking his fries and making his hamburger. As those cooked I crushed up some more pills for his food. You may wonder what pills they are so I'll tell you. They're muscle relaxers that make you sleep. So therefore he will be out in no time.

I made him a shake and poured the crushed pills in there with some vodka and codeine. Cordell is allergic to lemons so I squirted some lemon juice on his hamburger and let my blood drink on his fries. It looks just like ketchup. I fixed his plate and poured his shake in a cup and cleaned my mess up. I hope he has a good dinner and enjoyed his life.

Once he's gone , serenity will be my next project. I got myself all cleaned up and stitched myself with needle and thread , I'll be fine. I walked to my room and started to write Cordell a note. I folded it and layed it on the bed and made sure the house was spotless and the camera was set up then I left.

|Cordell|

I pulled up the house and saw Amariee car wasn't there. She's probably out getting the baby some stuff. As soon as I walked in I smelt my favorite cooked. I layed serenity in her play pin and walked in the kitchen. Damn , she knows me so well. I washed my hands and grabbed my plate and sprinkled the salt on it. Mmmm , mmm , mmm. This finna be good. I started to dig in and and I felt my body loosen up but I couldn't stop eating. I cleaned my plate then chugged my shake. Damn that was good asf.

I felt my tongue swelling and I got extra dizzy. I stood up and stumbled to the couch and called out for grandma. No response... My cloat was tight and next thing I know my air ways was clogged. Someone please help me , all I could think about was the fight me and charlie just had. They say you have a couple of seconds worth memories before you die... This isn't the one I want. I want the happy one but that's not what I got. I officially see the light.