Chapter 1

I watched the ceiling in my room , because I can't sleep . Everybody's already asleep . I can hear their snores .
I have to be up to five pm , to stqrt my training session . Oh , I hate training !
I got up and went to my balcony . I love the stars ! They give me a feeling , like I'm free ! I want to be free !
Since I was born I'm living here ! I never been past the gates ! I wonder what is behind them ?
I sighed . Dad always say to never think about the Outside , because it's the worst thing ever.
I sat on the floor , picked up my sketchbook and started to draw. I love to draw ! .......
" Everybody , get up ! Training starts in half an hour ! Get ready ! " - I heard dad yelling from the radio . I sat up and realize that I fell asleep on the floor on the balcony .
I quickly showered , then put on my usual training cloths , aka black legging and a black T-shirt with my black Converse .
I brushed my unrully red , curly hair and put into a high pony tail .
I walked to the Shadowhunter section and started my jog .
- Hey , Clary ! - How did you sleep ? - my brother , Sebsatian asked , he's two years older then me .
- Bad. I fall asleep on the floor . - I said sighing , he just chuckled , then ran away .
After my jog I started my training session . I punched the punching bag , when someone tapped my shoulder . I turned around ready to punch that someone , when I realized cuz it's just Simon .
- Simon ! You shouldn't be here ! You have to be on the Vampire section ! What if that see you ? You know how dad punishes ? - I whisper- yelled , pulling him in the bathroom .
- I know , but I have some news ! - he said excited .
- What kind of news ? - I said raising my eyebrows .
- Today four new shadohunter will come here ! They we'll fight with us too.
- That's good ! Did you here their names ?
- No , sorry .
- No problem , but now go back before someone see us together. - I said hugging him .

Every section has lunch together , so I sat down next to Simon to the Vampire section .
The vampires drink blood , the shadowhunters eat salad or meat . We don't have much options .
- Every section! Attention ! Valentine has something to say !
We looked at the stage , where my dad was standing .
- Good morning , to every section ! Enjoy your meal ! Today , we'll greet four new members of the Shadowhunter section ! Clarissa , Sebastian ! Come here and greet them first ! - dad said .
I walked up to the stage and looked down at the crowd .
- Let's greet ....... Alexander Lightwood ! He's 20 years old .
A boy walked in with short black hair and icy blue eyes. He was quite handsome.
- Isabelle Lightwood , 18 years old .
This girl is smoking hot ! She has long black hair and blue eyes . She has curves at the right places , but those killing high heels !

- Jonathan Cristopher Fray ,20 years old .
This boy is a lot like Sebastian . The same light blonde hair and green eyes , just Seb's eyes are dark brown .
- Jonathan Herondale , 19 years old .
Okay , the next guy was beautiful. His golden locks and golden eyes ! He is like an angel from Heaven ! He has muscles and he's incredibly handsome !
- Okay , Clarissa ! Say some nice words to our family's new members . - dad said , grabbing my hand .
- First , I want to greet you Inside ! This Institute is like a family ! We are like a huge family ! But we have rules ! You have to stay in your section and you can't go past the Gates , because the Outside is dangerous ! Anyways just have fun , train yourself and fight for Inside ! - I said my usual role what I have to say every time when new members come .
I nodded at them and walked back down to Simon .
That Golden boy looked at me and I blushed.
Clary , stop blushing ! I said to myself !

I took a quick shower and put on the dress what dad picked out for me for tonight. Tonight we'll throw a welcome party to our nes members .
The dress was a long black , leather dress , with a corset top , without sleeves . ( Demona style )
I slipped in some black flats. I put on black mascara and eyeliner , smokey eyeshadow and blood red lip stick ! I let my hair fall on my shozlders and I was ready .
The ballroom was huge and elegant. I had ro walk down the stairs , holding hands with my brother. Everybody cheered and clapped for us .
I just smiled warmly at the crowd .
I searched with my eyes someone and that someone was Goldenboy . I finally found him . He was in black suit with black tie . He was sooo smoking hot . Next to him was Isabelle , she was wearing some knee length , tight, purple dress with the highest heels I ever saw . Jonathan and Alexander , they were wearing the same outfit as Jace .
I sat down to the royal table next to dad . I hate these events ! It's soo boring !
I saw Matt sitting at a table looking at me . When our gazes met I immediately snapped my head away .
Yeah , he is Matthew Collins , aka Matt . We were together , when I was fifteen . We were together for two years , but he cheated on me . He was my first . I lost my virginity with him . I loved him , but he betrayed me the whole time . When we were together he slept with other girls . I thought he is the lobe of my life , but I was wrong , incredibly wrong !
I gasped when I saw from the corner of my eyes that he started to approach me . I stood up and turned around to meave , but he grabbed my wirst .I yelped and faced him .

- Clary, aren't you going to dance with me ? - he smirked .
- Rot in hell ! - I snapped .
- Tsk , tsk ! Why are you talking to me like this Clare- Bear ?
- Don't Clare- Bear me , you asshole ! You cheated on me !!! - I yelled .
The whole crowd looked at us . I sighed and looked at dad . He was angry . Oh , no !
- Clarissa to your room , now ! - dad said pointing towards the door . I looked down at the floor and walked away .
I know what's coming !
I sat to the edge of my bed . The door flew open and dad came in .
He smirked . I was so scared !
He grabbed my arm and pushed me off of the bed . I closed my eyes . I felt a huge pain on my cheek . He slapped me .
I opened my eyes .
He pulled out a knife and stabbed my side with it . I wanted to scream , but I covered my eyes . The tears started falling and blood was pouring out of the scar .
Dad leaned in and stroked my cheeks . He punched me hard on the face . I yelped .
- Next time you make a scene , think before it ! And don't forget Clarissa ! To love is to destroy , to be loved is to be destroyed . - he said , before walking away .
After he left I covered up my scars ,then cryied through the whole night , 'til I drifted of to sleep .