Chapter 13.

Luke said he has to talk with my mother first.....to actually know if she still remembers me......wants me.....loves me......
        I put Zachary to sleep an hour ago,so now I have some time to myself.
         I decided to have a bath so I let water run.
          I looked at my reflection in the bathroom's mirror. I had bags under my eyes. My green orbs lost their shine. I was pale,really really pale. My freckles were more visible and my hair was dry and a complete mess.
       I slipped out of my clothes,letting them fall on the floor to my feet. I slowly sat in the water.
       It felt so good . The warm sensation and the silky touch drove me crazy. I closed my eyes and first in a while I focused on myself.
       The water brushed against my skin. It felt like someone's hands are travelling up and down my body. It was like when Jace and I first slept together.
        I snapped my eyes open and quickly pushed away my thoughts.
        I can't think about him! He betrayed me! He lied to me!
      I took a deep breath.
       The bell rang. My muscles tensed up. My heart was racing faster. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my wet body.
       I slowly walked down the stairs,counting every single step I made. My bare feet were relaxing against the cold floor.
       I reached for the doorknob afraid of the sight waiting for me. My heart was shrinking. My dizzy head was aching. I felt like throwing up.........so I opened the door.
         He was tall as always,just he is a grown man now......or at least he looks like one . His crystal blue eyes were lighting up every room he wanted to. His black hair was falling in his face. His milk toned skin looked paler than usual and he had bags under his eyes.
          My jaw hit the floor. My eyes were wide. I was about to faint. He was the last person I expected to see at my doorway.
       Matthew Collins....the one who I thought I will spend the rest of my life with.......the one who showed me what love is.....the one who first betrayed me......the one who cheated on me......the one who......broke my heart.....
        My eyes travelled lower and I opened my mouth to say something,but I closed it when I saw the blood pouring out of his torso. The hem of his light grey shirt was soaked with blood and some drops dropped to the floor.
         - Matt.....- I breathed out.
         -Clary.....-he whispered before falling flat on his face.
         I gasped and kneeled down in front of his still form. It took me long enough to decide what am I going to do......
       I picked him up. Yes,I did. In the Inside I got a pretty good training,so I'm stronger than girls in my age.
        I put him down on the couch and lifted up his shirt to take a glance at his scar.  My eyes widened seeing the blood slipping down to the couch ....to the floor.
          I ran to the bathroom and grabbed some alcohol and some bandages.
       I put the alcohol on a bandage and squeezed it to the scar trying to clean it out. I felt his muscles tense up under my touch even if he was unconscious.
        I wrapped the bandages across his torso, covering the scar ......when a loud cry filled the house. I quickly finished the bandages and ran up the stairs trying not to fall flat on my face in the process.
       I literally broke into Zachary's room . My expression softened when I saw Simon standing next to the crib with my little bundle of joy in his arms, gently rocking him. He was humming....I suppose a lullaby . It calmed Zach down because he stopped crying and just stared at the big man holding him,like he is the most precious thing on the world.....and he is.....he truly is the most precious thing on the whole world for me. He is my everything.
        I leaned against the door frame and just watched them.
       Simon acted like a real father. He held him so gently....afraid that he is going to drop him or smash his little body.
         I heard Zach squeal when Simon leaned down to kiss his forehead.
         - Awwwww.- I whispered. I couldn't stop myself. The sight in front of me was so cute. A single teardrop made its way down my cheeks as Jace's thought came into my mind. I wish he was here to hold his son.......Maybe I shouldn't have left......maybe I shouldn't have kept Zachary a secret.
        Simon snapped his head in my direction and smiled sweetly.
       He walked up to me and gently handed me my son.
       I immediately lifted him to my chest,his chin in the crook of my neck,his little hands held a strand of my red hair and tried to put it in his mouth.
       - He missed his mommy....- Simon cooed.
        I smiled widely and looked down at the floor.
        -Where's Bella?- I asked out of the blue.
        - She left hours ago......she will be home by eight.....or at least this is what she said to me. - he shrugged his shoulders.
        I only nodded.
         I heard someone groan downstairs and I mentally slapped myself for leaving Matt alone.
         - Is someone downstairs? Do we have a guest? -he questioned raising a brow.
         Is shook my head in fear and turned around quickly.
      I made my way down the stairs with my son still in my arms trying to run away from Simon's questions.......just I forgot one little thing.....He is a vampire so he easily caught up with me.
        When I reached the living room's door he was already standing in front of the couch looking at Matt's laying form in confusion.
         - Clary, what is Matthew fucking Collins doing on my couch....in my house?-he asked raising his voice pointing at the couch.
       My breath hitched. I wasn't surprised. Of course he was angry and confused. Who wouldn't be?. Matt cheated on me and broke my heart and now he is laying in our living room.
          Zachary stiffened in my arms letting me know that he is here too so keep our voices down.....
        - Simon,don't raise your voice when my son is in the room......and don't put the blame on me. He just showed up and fell in my arms. What else could I do? I couldn't just let him die.....- I explained,sitting on an armchair,what was placed in front of the couch.
       He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.
       - Sorry.....I'm not mad at you......I don't understand why you did it......and I'm not blaming you of course.....just it surprised me......-he said in a hushed tone.
         I nodded and once again I was looking at the floor gently patting Zach's back.
        The door bell cut the awkward silence.
       -I'll get it ....-I mumbled, standing up.
       Why do we have so much guests today?
      I slowly opened the door and my jaw hit the floor. I held Zachary like I'm holding on for dear life. I never thought this moment will come in my entire life. I never thought I'm going to loose everything I earned because of one person. My whole body was trembling. My heart was trying to break out of my chest. I never thought I will have to face her someday. Today. My own reflection.