Chapter 9

He can't follow me. He can't see me. He can't be a part of my life. He has to leave me. He has to leave me live my life. I have to move on.......but what if I can't ?

I opened my eyes to see that I'm in my room, in my bed. My tears were still falling. I couldn't stop crying. He just used me. He used me. He betrayed me.

I stood up and pulled out a suitcase. I need to get away. I can't bear to see him every day. I threw some necessary things into it.

I changed into some black ripped jeans with a dark grey hoodie and some black combat boots. I put my hair into a messy bun and put the hood over it.

I have to say goodbye to Simon , Seb and dad. Yes, dad. Even if he beat me up, he's my father.
I ran as fast as I could straight to dad's office. I heard someone yelling from the hallway. I put my head on the door trying to listen to their conversation.

- She's heartbroken! We can't do this to her!
I immediately recognized Seb's voice.
- Yes, we can ! She's our biggest help! With her we can easily beat the Outside!
Dad?
- Dad, she is too weak! She can't use her powers, yet ! She.....she is my sister, your daughter! She.....if she's not strong enough then she'll die!
- Sebastian! We have to won ! We have to sacrifice something!....and that'll be Clary! She wants revenge, because that golden boy hurt her!
- I still don't like this!
- She's strong enough, don't worry!
I gasped. They want to use me against the Outside?!
- I hope so.....She's the only sibling left for me.....
- Sebastian! I told you ! I couldn't do anything else! Your mother wanted to kill me ! I had to do something! She ran away! It's not my fault that she brought Jonathan with her!
Wait? My mother's not dead ?

- I miss my twin.....
- Shut up, son! To love is to destroy and to be loved is to be destroyed!
Poor, Seb! He always knew dad's secret and he had to live with it. He had to grow up without his mother and twin!
Before I knew it, I was knocking on the door.
Sebastian opened it and he looked surprised to see me.
- Clary, what are you doing here?
- I....I wanted to say goodbye,but I heard your conversation with dad.....Mom's not dead?
His eyes widened.
- Clary, you got it all wrong! We.....
- Don't try to lie to me! My whole life is a lie! You told me that my mother died! I didn't even know that I have another brother! Jace is not the only liar here! - I yelled. My tears were falling uncontrollably. I couldn't hold it back.
- Clary, please.......I know what we did is wrong, but we just wanted to protect you......we thought this'll be the best for you......
I looked down at the floor. Why do I feel like everybody betrayed me? I felt him touching my shoulder.....
- Where's dad? - I asked not even looking at him.
- Clary, don't do this! What do you want from dad?
- Just tell me where is he?
- He's inside....
I nodded and walked past him into the room.
Dad was sitting at his desk looking at a map of the Outside.
He looked up at me with surprise plastered on his face.
- Clarissa ! What a surprise? How can I help you, daughter?
- Father, where is my mother? - I asked with gritted teeth.
- Clarissa, this is how you talk with your father?
- I can talk however I want to with you .
- Watch your mouth, daughter.
- Just tell me or I won't help you with my powers .
- What are you thinking?
- Let me find her!
He seemed like he's thinking about my offer.
- Okay. Your mother's in the Outside. I let you go there........ ,but you have to find the head of the Outside and tell me his/her plan. - Dad said grinning.
Is he telling the truth? Is mom really there? What if I won't find the leader? I have to try it....
- Okay......I'll leave in two hours,just let me pack my things.
He only nodded.
- Bring this with you and here are the keys. - He said handing me the map of the Outside and the keys.