Chapter 12.

Clary's POV

     - I love you....-he whispered sending chills down my spine. His hand grabbed my hand and my skin tingled at the contact.
     His eyes,those mesmerizing golden eyes, stared in my green ones. His eyes were full with hurt and sorrow. That made me let my tears fall.
      -I love you too....-I whispered nuzzling my face in the crook of his neck.
      Suddenly his body went limp. I could barely feel the soft thud of his heart.
      My eyes widened and I kneeled down pulling his head in my lap. His eyes were closed. His body was trembling.
     -Jace......
     My tears fell right on his face and he reached for my face to wipe them away.
     -You did this to me...........I.....never meant to hurt you.....but you hurt me on purpose.

           My eyes snapped open. My back was sore and my neck hurt like hell. I slowly sat up rubbing my eyes. That was when I realized that I'm not in my  bed......and I'm not alone.
       Luke was laying next to me, still asleep. His mouth was slightly open,hair fell in his face. He looked like a baby.
       A loud cry broke the silence. I smiled softly and ran up the stairs to my little angel.
      I just stared at his angelic features as he was laying in his crib, crying quietly searching for a familiar face.
     He stopped crying when he noticed me and just stared at my face trying to eat his little fist. I giggled and picked him up.
      He immediately started to play with my hair. He loves my red curls and I love it too when he plays with it if he doesn't put it in his mouth.
       -How's my little prince today? - I cooed holding his little head and his  light golden hair tickled my palms.
       He squealed in his adorable high pitched ,baby voice. I giggled and pulled away from our tight hug to see his cute squishy face.
     He just stared at me and  lifted up his arms ,but he couldn't reach my face. He let out a small whimper,his eyes watered up.
      - Awww.....don't cry baby....mommy's here...- I whispered holding him close to my chest.
      I slowly walked down the stairs, rubbing circles on Zach's back. He seemed to like what I'm doing. His breathing slowed down .
       I smiled and grabbed a bottle of milk from the fridge to heat it up.
        -Clary....-someone said from behind me.
        I almost dropped Zachary from my hand. I turned around to face Luke. He was staring at me,or most likely at my baby. His expression softened and walked up to me gently caressing my son's cheeks,who squealed in joy.
       I giggled and grabbed,the now warm, bottle of milk from the counter to put it in his mouth.
       -Clary,who is this adorable little one?- Luke whispered as I sat down ,do I can feed Zach normally.
        - He is my three months old little one, Zachary Christopher Morgenstern. My son....-I answered afraid of looking at him,do instead I stared at my little boy's angelic features, he got from his dad.
       - Clary, who's the father?-he questioned grabbing my hand.
        -His name is Jonathan Christopher Herondale. We met in the Inside....but he betrayed me....-I replied trying to hold back my tears.
      - Oh, my God, Clary! Aren't you young to be a mother?!- he exclaimed.
      I rolled my eyes.
      - I'm nineteen and I don't care about my age. I love Zachary more than anything.....he means the world to me.-I said in a hushed tone.
       He only nodded and kneeled down in front of us.
       -How can you take care of him alone?
        - I have Simon and Bella. They help me in everything.
      I smiled down at my prince ,who seemed busy with his breakfast.
      -I know this will be hard for you......but I can't let a nineteen years old girl take care of a baby alone. You have to come with me. I know someone who will help you in everything.-he smiled reassuringly at me.
       I only nodded.
      -Who is this someone? 
      -Your mother....-he said in a hushed tone.
       My eyes widened and I couldn't breathe. It was like someone was trying to choke me. How could I go to the woman I have to call mom,who didn't bother herself to search for me? She let my dad bully me for years. I almost died because of her. She left me. She abandoned me. She only kept my brother. She never loved me. She will never be able to love. She probably wouldn't even recognize me. She doesn't care about me or her grandchild.......I'm scared, scared of my own mother.