-Sjin and Turps-

-Sjin and Turps-

-Strangers-

-Sjin's POV-

I groan as I think of the look of disgust on my parents face once again.

Just because I've disappointed them another year around, with not bringing my 'partner' with me.

I'll tell the story more clearly if that helps. Here. Once I felt like I was in love, or I assumed I was with probably a fantastic guy and it was all going well, we were about to marry until, I was out one night and I seemed to notice him locking lips with another guy. Yeah I was truly shattered.

I take a seat randomly beside a stranger. I sit there just twirling my thumbs, until he speaks, "what's someone like you doing looking so disgust at this time of the month?"

I turn to look at him.

He has dark brown hair, brown eyes and a beard which is pretty cute.

"Just, family I guess, how about you?" I ask.

"Same, pretty much." He replies.

"Just dreading the look on my parents face again." I lay my head back.

"Don't we all?" He laughs.

I grin slightly, "so what's your name?"

"Mark, yourself?" Mark asks.

"Paul." I say.

"I like it, anyway why are your parents going to be disgust this year?" Mark asks.

"Another year of not bringing home a boyfriend, technically." I sigh.

"Technically.?" He asks.

"Well, you see, my fiancé cheated on me and they have yet to find out about it.." I say.

"That's harsh, wow, I guess my parents are ashamed that I didn't pursue something they wanted me to." He adds.

"What did they want you to do?" I ask.

"Army stuff, I mean I don't hate it, I respect them, I just, you know, yeah." He mutters.

I laugh.

He smiles at my reaction.

"I like seeing people happy." I say, "just the surprise attack of happy emotion gives me faith in thinking that I'll find happiness one day."

He looks at me, "you will, just take hold of the good opportunities, yeah?"

I nod, "I deserve happiness."

He laughs, "if you insist, I'm pretty sure everyone does.

"I do too just I haven't seen mine yet." I add.

The speaker then goes off for my plane.

I get up and grab my bag, "it was nice talking to you."

He gets up too, "it was."

I wave and walk away.

Wait, I know I've only known him for about 10 minutes but would it hurt if I asked him to come with me and help with me. Ahh, fuck it.

I quickly run back to him and sit beside him, "come with me."

"What?" He asks.

"Come with me to see my parents because then I won't have to see their faces of disgust. It's only for a night and a morning and then that's all, you can leave." I say in a hurry.

He opens his mouth but closes it again. He nods.

"You will?" I ask.

"Yeah, it won't do no harm." He smiles.

I take his hand and pull him over to the gate for my plane.

-On The Train-

After the plane we needed to grab a train so here we are.

"It's weird thinking I picked up a random stranger who actually understand me, off of the street randomly." I scoff.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Mark laughs.

"Anyway, what is the story we're going to tell my parents?" I ask.

"We met at, ehhh, an art gallery?" He suggests.

"Fancy, I like it." I nod, "the first time I saw you, you stood out, you were different."

"I didn't believe in true love at first sight until I met you." He adds.

I laugh, "perfect!"

"Your cheeks are amazing. I just want to touch your cheeks." Mark adds.

"You were smart, inspiring, then the way you run your hand across your beard when in thought, just ehhh!" I add.

He smile.

"My mums going to love that!" I laugh.

"So, your parents are fine with you, being, eh gay?" Mark asks.

"Well, they didn't yell at me or kick me out, neither did they treat me any better, I was the same person to them either way so I guess they don't mind." I shrug, "how about you?"

He laughs, "my dad just said 'there's men in the army, go be a man and at the same time get yourself a man.' He used it to get me into the army, but I never did fall for it."

"So you couldn't be a real man so they wanted you to seem like a stereotypically man instead, placing you in clothes that a real man should where?" I ask.

"About right." He mutters.

I lean over and rub his hand, "honestly, it'll be great, you'll like the food."

"I sure do like food." He laughs.

--------
Prompt - Movie: Christmas With The Coppers.