-Hannah and Kim // #3-

-Safety-

-Kim's POV-

I hunch over the papers I have on the desk in front of me.

Do you know how hard it is to try to do work while everyone is being so loud? If you don't then, you don't want to experience it.

I tap my pen on the table repeatedly until Hannah groans sitting up in her bed.

"Can you like stop please?" Hannah asks.

"Sorry, everyone's being so loud." I mutter.

She gets up, "I'll go check on them."

"Thank you." I nod.

She leaves the room. I lean back in my chair and sigh. 5 minutes go by and Hannah's still not back.

Where is she?

I get up and leave the room. I head down to the common area. The shouting is coming from there. It sounds like, "you can't! You can't! You can't!"

I enter the room quietly merging into the crowd. Everyone seems to be crowding around something. I push my way close to the centre.

Simon and Lewis are dead center in the circle.

Why would they be arguing?

Hannah spots me quickly and goes to cross over to me but Lewis interrupts her.

"It's out of question!" Lewis yells.

Lewis holds a desperate posture as if he's almost giving up where as Simon is holding a relaxed and laid back one.

"It's not my our choice, it's theirs! You know if it was my choice then I would've said no!" Simon argues back.

Lewis sighs, "whose going to be my assistant now?"

"Kim of course, she deserves it." Simon says flickering his eyes of to mine.

My heart falls slightly.

Lewis follows his gaze which lands on me. He steps towards me but hangs back instead. Hannah notices this movement causing her to rush to my side.

Lewis turns back to Simon, "so you're leaving me."

"Leaving you all." Simon corrects.

Lewis steps closer to Simon almost face to face and whispers, "Simon I can't. You know I can't."

His voice sounds close to breaking.

Simon lays a hand on his shoulder, "you'll do great. Trust me, I have faith in everything you do."

This is where Lewis' face snaps and he shadows his face from everything/one.

"We'll talk later." Lewis mutters before walking away.

Everyone parts for him to walk through.