-Smith and Trott-

-Smith and Trott-

-It's your marriage-

-Smith's POV-

It's a normal day in the office, well at least it was. Roughly around 10 minutes ago Trott asked Katie to marry him and everyone was so happy for them that I soon faded out of the image. Now I'm cooped up alone our room as everyone else is in the community area.

I drum my fingers against my desk and try to think about something else that isn't Trott.

Dogs.

I search up funny dog videos and start watching a few. After a few minutes I'm cracking up at an adorable corgi.

There's a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shout too distracted by the video.

"Dogs. Fascinating." The voice says closing the door behind them.

My mind then steps into reality and my smile fades.

"Trott what do you want?" I ask.

Trott places his hands on my shoulders, "of course we both know what I want."

"To spend time with your lovely wife?" I snap.

He ignores this comment and sits beside me, "of course not!"

My eyes widen, "what?"

"Smith if you aren't happy for my marriage then something is wrong with it because you look out for me and if something upsets you then I have to change that." Trott smiles.

I shake my head, "no, it's not that."

"What is it then?" Trott asks.

"Nothing to worry about." I say.

Trott frowns, "come on you can tell me."

"I really can't." I mutter.

There's a faint call in the hallway, "I think your wife is calling you."

He lifts my chin up so my eyes reach his. I can sense him taking in my hurt and guilt but instead he drops his thumb.

"Alright." He hums and gets up, "I'll see you later."

My mind and body react in a different way. My mouth tries to shout at him to not leave but my body stiffens up. After a few seconds as Trott reaches the door my body bursts into action. The next thing I know is I'm on top of Trott on the floor with my arms tightly wrapped around him.

Trott ruffles my hair, "I won't leave. But now will you tell me what's wrong?"

This time, it all comes out, "I can't stand it. The idea of you getting a wife and leaving your best friend alone. Yes I understand you can do a lot more with a wife but we're best friends we make each other happy and that's important for people who want happiness. Then the fact she deserves you way more then I do makes me question if I really did do something wrong. I feel lost and isolated. Next thing you know, you'll moving to America without even saying goodbye."

Trott runs his fingers through my hair as he thinks, "you know I won't leave and if you truly feel that way then I'm sorry. I'll find a way to change that. But you're my best friend and one day this situation will come around again and we won't be able to avoid it. Got it?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, you better be happy I'm cancelling the wedding because you have made me realise that my best friend needs me more then my wife or ex-wife or something." Trott chuckles.

"But it's your wedding." I argue.

"But you're my best friend." Trott says wrapping his arms around me.

I'm not going to argue but honestly, I'm happy that he's not doing that till the next time comes around.

"Thank you." I reply

There's another call for Trott. I get off of Trott and help pull him up.

"Should we?" Trott asks opening the door.

I nod, "of course."