-Turpster and Alsmiffy-

-Saviour-

-Smith's POV-

My fingers run over the sheet of words as I step onto the stage and start speaking, "This can be no trick: the conference was sadly borne. They have the truth of this from Hero. They seem to pity the lady."

My mouth fails to form the next line of words causing me to cuss and groan in reply.

"Look, if you can't do this then your understudy can!" The show director shouts.

I apologise and climb down the steps of the stage.

"You do know how long that paragraph is, right?" I ask.

The director; Lewis nods, "and I'm not expecting you to get it exactly perfect, I'm expecting you to remember. Take a break."

I nod and head to a row amongst all the seats. I cross my legs and start muttering the lines over and over again.

"How's my Signior Benedick?" Turps asks placing a kiss on my cheek and sitting beside me.

"Incapable." I reply.

"Come on, you're amazing." He huffs.

I shrug, "maybe, maybe not."

He takes hold of my script and reads some lines off of it then looks back up at me, "come on dude, your debates are longer then this!"

"Yeah but debate is easier then drama." I complain.

He shakes his head. He pulls me up and pushes me towards the stage. He stands there with his arms crossed until I get on the stage. I climb onto the stage and he hands me the sheet of paper.

"Go." He says.

I cough and start speaking focusing on him, "This can be no trick: the
conference was sadly borne. They have the truth of this from Hero. They seem to pity the lady: it seems her affections have their full bent. Love me! Why, it must be requited. I hear how I am censured: they say I will bear myself proudly, if I perceive the love come from her; they say too that she will rather die than give any sign of affection. I did never think to marry: I must not seem proud: happy are they that hear their detractions and can put them to mending. They say the lady is fair; 'tis a truth, I can bear them witness; and virtuous; 'tis so, I cannot reprove it; and wise, but for loving me; by my troth, it is no addition to her wit, nor no great argument of her folly, for I will be horribly in love with her."

I raise my eyes up to Turps' and Lewis'. They're both grinning widely.

Lewis points at me, "well done!"

Lewis then points at Turps, "are you available every practice and on the day?"

He nods.

"Good, I expect you here on time." Lewis informs.

"What exactly do I do?" He asks.

Lewis smiles, "support him of course, Tur- Mark."

He heads backstage leaving us alone.

I chuckle and pull Turps onto the stage with me.

"Surprise." Turps whispers intertwining our fingers, "you did it."

I grin placing our foreheads together, "we did it."

He places a light kiss on my lips before breaking it with a sweet smile.

"Practise, you need it!" Turps says, sitting himself down in front of me.

I grin, "okay, sir."

He smirks at the word sir.

"Don't get cheeky with me." He taunts.

"Shhhhh! I need to practise even you said so!" I hush him.

He nods, "certainly."

I grin down at him as he grins up at me.