The Truth Behind His Eyes

-Riley

I went to Derek's loft to check on him. When I got there, it was just Cora, Dimytri, and Stiles. "Where's Derek?" I asked. "He's gone." Cora said. 

Cora decided it was story time. She started telling us about a time when Derek was being chased by hunters and how he hid under a tree for two days. "It's what we're taught to do when we're running from hunters. We hide and we heal." Cora said. "So is two days standard or is Derek on some sort of extended getaway?" Stiles asked. "Why do you two care?" Cora asked. "Why do I care? Because over the last few weeks, 2 of my best friends have tried killing themselves, their boss was almost ritually sacrificed, a girl I've known since I was a kid was ritually sacrificed, Boyd and Erica were killed by Alphas, should I go on? Cause I can for hours." Stiles said. "What about you?" She said as she looked at me. "When Sam and I came back to Beacon Hills, Derek was the first person I became friends with. Shortly afterwards, he confessed that we were Imprinted. I fell in love with him." I said. "You really think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asked. "Well, he's the one everyone's after so I think maybe he should do something about it." Stiles said. "I don't know. There's something really different about him now." Cora said. "He wasn't like this when I knew him." She added. "What was he like?" I asked. We heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Actually, alot like Scott." Peter said. "Like most teenagers, unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, only tolerable to other teenagers." He added. "What changed him? What happened?" Stiles asked. "The same thing that changes alot of young men; a girl." Peter said. "So some girl broke his little heart? That's why he's the way he is?" Stiles asked."Not just any girl. It's strange that Riley sort of resembles her." Peter said. "Do you remember before Derek was an Alpha and had blue eyes?" Peter asked. "Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?" Peter asked. "I always thought it was a genetic thing." Stiles said.  "Because they've taken an innocent life." I thought. "If you want to know what it was that changed Derek, you need to know what changed his eyes." Peter grinned. Scott texted me. 'Cole, Alex, Allison, Sam and I just got to Gerard. Keep you updated.' It read. 

-Scott

We got to Gerard's room in the nursing home. "Did you bring him Allison?" He asked. He turned to face us. "Come on in Scott, and give a man something for his pain." He said as he rolled up his sleeve. "You don't have to do this." Alex said. "If you want me to talk, he does." He said. I rolled up my sleeve. "If I do this, you have to tell us everything you know." I said. 

-Riley

Peter told us about how Derek and Paige first met. She was practicing her instrument and Derek was being his usual jackass and arrogant self. Using what was left of the Imprint between Derek and I, I went through his memories and found the one about Paige. "Hey, sorry about that." Derek said holding his basketball in the music room. I was at the school. Derek went to Beacon Hills High School? "Whatever." The girl said. My guess is this was Paige. She was beautiful. And Peter said I look like her? He must be blind. "What's your name?" Derek asked as he walked towards her. "I'm trying to practice if you couldn't notice." She snapped. Well, I can kinda see where Peter sees the resemblance. "Okay, I'll leave you alone then." Derek said. "After you tell me your name." He added. "Okay, I'll tell you my name, if you can play one instrument in this room." She said. "One?" Derek said. "Only one." She said. "Any of them?" He asked. Derek went looking around the room and he came back with his instrument; a triangle. "Paige. Now please go away so I can practice. " She said. He began to tell her his name. "I know who you are." She said. He backed away and left her finish her practice. 

-Scott

"Another body?" Gerard asked. "Right after the boys found Deaton, another Doctor." Allison said. "Right after? Almost like it was suspected he'd survive." He said. "What's that supposed to mean?" Sam asked. "How do you know your dark Druid isn't your wise veterinarian? Maybe he knew you'd find him." He said. "He wouldn't let anyone innocent die." Scott said. "Don't be so sure of yourself. You'd be shocked how far some people would go to get rid of someone like Deucalion." He said. "Someone like you?" Alex asked. "I don't go easily now do I?" He laughed. "You know boys, you guys made me a celebrity of some kind here." He said to Sam and I. "The cancer is undetectable but the doctors have no clue why I keep oozing this black fluid." He spat. "I did what you wanted me to do. Tell us how to beat Deucalion." I said. "You can't. I've already tried." Gerard said. "Then we're done. This was a complete waste of time. Let's go." Cole said. We all got up. "Wait, I can tell you one thing. Deucalion may have lost his eyes, but he isn't always blind." He said.