challenge me

Marys pov

We heard a knock on the door. I felt Caleb shuffling and he got back. I can hear him walk and open the door.

"Yes?" He asked.

I can tell it was a girl because they stayed fairly quiet. I knew because they were mesmerized by Calebs chisel abs.

"Are you here for a reason or to check me out." Caleb with a hint of annoyance. I give out a small smile.

"Uh yea. The Elders have requested for Marys and your presence in the ring." She answered.

"Wait, why?" Caleb asked.

"A Challenge has been requested." She answered.

"Challenged who?" He asked. I could sense he was really disturbed by it.

"That i dont know. Only the Elders know. Im sorry. They want you there in an hour with your gear." She said and left. I heard the door close.
I yawned and stood up. "Well thats no fun. Whos challenging who?" I asked him.

He looked at me serious.

The ring is where assasins challenge another assasin for their rank. Its very rare when they challenge their supreme or elders because supremes or Elders are much stronger and powerful plus they get trained more privately seperate from the other assasins and learn more quick motives. My Nana had ten different second commands because of the ring. For those who.lost they get whipped 100 times for failing their supreme in front of everybody. Especially if you were working along side the Supreme.

"Arent you worried about me at all?" He asked me. I could hint a bit of jealously. I just started laughing i know where hes comming from.

"Youll do fine. If they challenge you i know youll take them out quick. I mean you basically train with me." I told him.

"Mary your more lethal than i am. I know youll win in a instant. Im still a lower rank." He said.

"Well now you know what your fighting for." I told him.

We both got dressed and helped each other with our gear.

We walked out and we saw Kat standing outside of our room being anxious.
"Did you know about this?" Caleb seethed. I know he will think Kat will know especially how Kat gets the connections from.the Elders and tells us information what they talk about.

"No not this time. They kept this hidden from me. The Elders are literally defying thats what they are. Mary should know what they were up to. This is too disrespectful to be honest. They shouldnt keep things like this its very unheard of." Kat informed me. I knew what she meant because she didnt have the heart to.tell me because she will being up.my nana. I love Kat for that.

"I know Kat thank you." I was holding Calebs hand. "If anything happens i will change things like always. This time make sure to put the elders in their place." I told them. I gave them.my word.

We were in the arena and alot of chanting. Of course i felt like we were in a fight club which it was in a way. Elder Vincent was standing their with a nasty smirk. So this is his idea. I bit my tongue and gave him a blank expression i knew exactly what he was doing. He loved power especially power he cant have which was mine. My nana always trained me when Vincent wasnt allowed my grandmother was always careful who she could trust. He only became an elder when he was the only one undefeated for the second of command position when it was time for me to take the position of general.

We stood their in the middle.of the arena. Everybody applauding and chanting my name.

Vincent raised a hand for everybody to quiet down which they did.