happy reunion i think you can call that

Things felt awkward especially how we got to my fathers headquarters.
Caleb and i had to come since my father was doing a get together especially how he wanted the avengers to feel more like family. Since what they have been through they do deserve to relax.

The only thing that was feeling a bit weird was that Caleb and Steve have to confront each other, one way or the other.
Caleb and i were on the elevator waiting to hit our floor. I wore a red cocktail dress with a lace trim in the middle. While i had my hair in curls. While Caleb wore a black leather jacket with his maroon shirt. A pair of black levi skinny jeans and his combat boots.

The more the numbers going up the more the anticipation was killing me.

Once the door was open i felt a light squeeze of my hand. I look up and see Caleb smiling at me. He was only reassuring me that everything was ok. I only gave him a reassuring nod.
We both walk out on hand. We noticed music was blasting and hearing laughing and alot of jokes being throwed here and there.

Just hearing that made me more anticipated on what will happen next.

I saw my father laughing and standing next to my uncle rhode.

My father chugged on his beer til he spotted me. It was a bit dramatic in my eyes because my father stopped stared at me and smiled a bit. I knew he was happy to see me.

"Ladies and Gents may i present you my lovely daughter and her boyfriend. Mary and Caleb.

People stopped and their heads turned in our direction. I could see Steve looking at us, but more particularly at Caleb, but he quickly dismissed his stare and started chugging his beer and looked in the other direction.

My heart ached but what am i suppose to do. I cant change my course. My heart always belonged to both men. I just chose the reality of things. Steve is much of a better man for me. He deserves better than just myself.

"Mary." I heard a faint whisper braught me back from my reality as i look in front me and see Uncle Rhode walking towards me, with all smiles on his face. I couldnt resist to return that smile back. How i missed him so much. "Still beautiful and intelligent as ever." We both hugged tightly. How much i missed him. He was like a second father to me. During the time he found out i was Anthony Starks daughter never in doubt knew i was his biological daughter. He never questioned it since he found out i built my own robotic figures. He knew i got the Stark spark.

Like my father he is also very protective but he also knew i never dated. I know uncle rhode is never on the loop but he soon will be. He has the right t know after all he is family.

"Hey uncle rhode. You havent aged a bit still handsome as ever." I commented. He smirked a bit but his smirk was wiped out when he noticed Caleb behind me.

"So you must me the boyfriend." He didnt even make ui t sound like it was a question more like a statement.

"Yes sir i am, Let me fully introduce myself my name is Caleb and i understand we have met before, but i reintroducing myself just Marys best friend but her boyfriend. I know meeting you again will be the greatest pleasure because how much Mary adores you and Tony." He talked formally.

My uncle just eyed him carefully. I know hes using his military instincts. I cant change that from him.

"All i care about is Marys happiness. So for right now lets enjoy todays festivities." We all nodded in agreement.

The Avengers tower or "headquarters" felt roomy. We joined with the avengers and we started to mess around. Especially with pucking up Thors Hammer. I knew i was not worthy of the power of Thor.