About thing

When we got to Holly jollys. I could see my father and Zeb having a conversation, but it looked different.

When the waitress walked us to them.  "Sorry that we are late. I got hold up," i spoke. My dad smiled and looked up.

His face dropped a bit. I guess he noticed Caleb next to me, but Zeb was a different story. I knew he hated Caleb presence was here.

"Well you look at that. Caleb is in our presence." Then he looks at me with a questionable look, but i gave him a stare. He knew right away that ill tell him in another time without having Zeb in our presence. 

"Hello Tony, sorry to barge into this business affair, but Mary insisted." Caleb shaking Tonys  hand.

"Its ok. Besides my daughter did learn from me about unexpected surprises." My dad replied. He stood up and shook his hand. Caleb stared at Zeb, he gave him a firm nod. So did zeb.

"Come on lets eat. Im starving." My dad clasp his hands.

While we were eating everything felt awkward. I could feel that hard stare of Zeb.

I kept staring at my food or my dad, but Caleb had his hand on my thigh which made me feel a bit uncomfortable since i was being surrounded by my family and Zeb.

I brushed his hand away from my thigh.

"So the business with Kanato is on the yellow light." My dad announced.

"But why, i thought you said youll pass the project. Why cant you not pas this as a green light?" Zeb asked.

"Im waiting for Marys approval. She makes the call. So Mary whats the verdict?" My dad asked.

Then thats what got me thinking. Why is Zeb so eager to pass this project? Lately he has been in low profile and have been acting weird. He has been more in the invention section. I stared at my dad.

"What do you think Caleb?" I looked at Caleb.

Caleb knows everyone and i mean anyone.
"Oh come on? He doesnt know who Kanato is and what hes working on?" Zeb cuts in.

"Zebadiah thats enough." My dad was stern.

"Kanato is well known inventor in Japan, but has a reputation of being a bit too weird. Overall take away the weird part. He has a great mind set. Ive heard he created a holographic memory scan the same did Michael Colvin did. Remember Mary?" Thats when Zeb looked surprised.

"You see Caleb used to work in the weaponary department in Starks Industries. He also met with alot of inventors. Especially those in the conventions." Stark explained at Zeb.

"I thought you dont date anyone in your work office that was a rule for you Mary?" Zeb asked me. Thats when myp osture wasnt fazed.

I gave him a death glare. "Thats enough Zeb. Im tired of you ridiculing me everytime we have these kind of discussions. Im done. Just because your jealous i choose someone to go back with than go to you and your many advances you tried to go out with you. If you dont like things how we run business then you go run your own company then. We're not forcing you and binding you with our will. By the way Caleb and i have been friends long before finding out i.was Tonys daughter. Hence thats the reason i made that rule to myself." I stood up. I was about to pick up my bag. I turned away. "By the way the next time you shoot me make sure you aim for the left arm." Revealed to him.

Zeb looked surprised. I guess he thought i didn't find that out.
"How long did it take you to find out?" He asked me.

"The first day you stepped into our lives in the house. Never estimate me Zebediah. Be careful who you choose as your enemies some arent that forgiving and youll end up the same way your father did." I told him.