Summertime Sadness

Months Later....

Marys Pov

Its been a few months that i havent slept that very good. Ive been out and about with businesses that needed to be handled. Caleb and Kat are taking care of a few things for me keeping an eye out while im taking the family business. I finally convinced the council to let me be with my father at least be there while his time comes.

I felt it was just yesterday that day i surprised him i was staying for good..

Flashback.......

"Mary!!" Caleb calling me while jogging towards me. I was about to leave to see my father. I looked at him with a disappointing look. He knew ive been anxious about seeing my father and telling him the good news about me staying. Be part of his life. I know i sound like a child but if you were in my shoes you would understand.

"Caleb please hurry. You know this is my big day to surprise him." I told him briefly.

"I understand love but im here to give you this." He handed me a small panda bear. I took it out of his hands and looked at the very plushed bear. "I made it for you. Kat taught me but i know the bear looks like a weird twisted voodoo.bear but i made its eyes out of buttons." He sounded nervous. He rubbed the back of his hair.

I smiled looked up to him. I hugged him tightly. "I love you Caleb your gift will be close to my heart." I revealed to him. I kissed him passionately.

I heard a small cough. We both broke upart completely staring at the person, which it was none other than Kat. Kats been seeing Barton a couple times when they had a chance i approved of their relationship. Of course thd council hasnt, but do i even care? "Sorry if i was inturrupting something but your jet awaits my lady." She bowed down.

"Kat enough. Ill call you once im there and im settled in alright?" I smiled i hugged Kat tightly but with Caleb i hugged him and kissed him one last time for now. 

It took me an hour to get to New York. I called Pepper about my plans and she too was excited of me comming back and staying for good. Pepper settled everything for me, but i also told her to invite uncle rhodie along as well.

Rhodie knows my secret since i know i can trust him. Besides my father and him treat each other like brothers so i called him uncle. He looks out for me whrn Tony is too busy saving the world besides he is overprotective. I cant wait when he and my father find out Caleb and i are together.

While i was in the jet waiting to get home i was smiling that it will be weird if i had a normal life. i thought that my life will be different i would go finish school the same and i would take over my fathers business. Ill find a man get married and gave three childern, wait maybe four i dont like uneven numbers.

While the trip i came up with nanes Nathan, Romeo, but for girls Donna and Luna.

An two hours has passed by swiftly to the point i was home safe and sound. I texted pepper and informed me they will be here. I enetered to the house and found a chef in the house. He looked at me and greeeted me,with wine. I rejected the offer i told him i dont drunk. Which is true i hate wine for some strange reason.

I put my luggage in my room which soon imma have my fun and find my own place.

The room was spacious which had my own bathroom and a walk in closet. I just stare at closest and cocked my head a bit. I dont get why woman are so obssessed with a walk in closet. I dont see any point to it really. If you have clothes and your fed up with it why not donate it? Instead you have them hanging like there damn trophies.

i shook my head in disappointment.

It didn't take me long to put away my clothes. Especially a few firearms and gadgets just in case some burglar or someone wants to causs harm to me or my family.

Family?

It shatters my heart to even think about it. My only family that is blood related is my father. It breaks my heart completely. keep it together Mary. Your better than this.

While trying to calm myself down i hear a door open and a few chatters. It must be them, there home. I cant wait to surprise my father.

Flashback ending...

A surprise it was. My father balled his eyes out when he saw me standing there. He thought he was hallucinating because of the medication he was taking. I wouldnt blame him at all.

We caught up with each other. It was a great father and daughter bonding.

"Mary." A baritone voice called my name. I snapped out of my daze and noticed i was in meeting room.

"Im sorry. You were saying?" I asked him trying to play cool.

The man raised an eyebrow at me and muffled. "Miss Mary Stark it came to my attention that you are now our new CEO of Stark Industries and Enterprise. Am i correct?" He asked me with a hint of intimidation. Is this man trying to intimidate me? Oh he doesnt know who hes messing with. Ill just play stupid for now.

"Yes Mr Robinson. You are correct but only if my father sees me fit for it since hes showing me around." I told him innocently which truth be told i already know it in the back of my hand.

"Have you realized that Miss Pepper Potts took reign over it but resigned after that." He looked at me amused.

I see where hes going with this. "Mr Robinson correct me if im wrong but are hou saying because im a woman i wont be able to run a company?" I asked him. Then i hear the rest of the people turn their chairs facing Robinson.

"Correct." He seeths.

" hmm interesting. Well sir. If your trying to play dirty and trying to make us look bad then ill revoke my contract with you. Ill assure you i will handle this company if my life depended on it." I scolded him and walksd away. I walked off the meeting room pissed off. How dare he say that to me.

I hate sexist pigs. If only i can...

No mary dont do it. Right now your not that type of person.

I walked towards my office when i noticed someone sitting on my chair.

"Look this isnt the time to play games with me so get out!" I argued with a complete stranger. He got up and looked at me. No it cant be.