Chapter 46

Chapter song: I Know You by Skylar Grey
(Val's pov)
-10pm-
There's scratches on Justin's back. Why the fuck are there scratches on his back? Don't tell me. I already know.
"Baby, it's no big deal."
Justin quickly puts on a white shirt, like that's gonna change my mind, cover up the fact that he's been fucking around behind my back.
"No big deal? Justin, I trusted you."
I grow angrier as I step out of the comfort of his bed.
"Valerie, don't leave. Baby, I swear it won't happen again."
Reaching for me, he steps closer, but I barge out of his room.
"I'm sorry. Val, I'm sorry. Please, I need you."
Making up excuses, Justin follows me downstairs as I march to his front door.
"Valer-"
Once I feel his hand on my arm, I instantly swat it away, glaring into his apologetic eyes.
"Dammit Justin. You're not worth even trying! I'm leaving!"
I shout at him in fury, my eyes filling with undeniable tears.
"Please Val."
Then Justin grabs my shoulders, shoving me into a warm hug. That's when I release the sadness into his shoulder, soaking up his shirt.
"I'm sorry Val. It won't happen again."
By the proximity of his hug, I choose to forgive him. That doesn't mean I believe him.
"Promise me."
Maybe I'm desperate, because I whisper into his ear, tears spilling from my tired eyes.
"I cross my heart babe. I'll be right here."
Justin consolably kisses my temple and dries my eyes with his hands. We walk upstairs in utter silence.
"Get in bed, babe. You need some rest."
Justin tucks me back in bed and joins me under the sheets. He pulls me close, but I want to go untouched for the next 8 hours.
-7am-
My stomach hurts so much, so I reach for the bottle of advil on the nightstand. My heart still aches from last night, but I can't take any medication for that. I don't know what I was thinking, trusting Justin with my heart. I'm being such a stupid girl, staying with Justin. Why should I stay? I'm not enough for him, obviously. Oh, how I wish I never met him. Loving him was such a detriment to my life. It ravaged everything I was made of.
I told him everything about myself. I tried so hard to love him. Why is he so hard to love? I told myself I wouldn't care if he fucked other girls, but I fooled myself. Is it obvious? To Justin? To anyone else? It is to me.
Tears brim my eyes as I sit on the edge of his bed. My heart hurts. My feelings are maimed. I feel like my soul has been ripped to shreds and the only remnant left is the decision wether to stay with Justin, or leave.
"Val, shit, are you crying?"
The sound of Justin's voice causes another tear to fall.
"I'm fine."
Right now, I could care less if he believes me or not. It's not like I believe him. If he thinks I'm stupid enough to love him, well, maybe I am.
"Hey, what's wrong babydoll?"
Justin sits beside me, his warm arms around my shoulders.
"Nothing. It's just, uhm, my period."
It's not a complete lie. I mean, my period does make me emotional.
"Do you need medicine?"
The concern in his voice makes me so mad yet so weary.
"I just took some."
Removing his hands from me, I get up and head to the bathroom. Justin doesn't need me. I don't need him. So why are we even trying? After handling my personal business, I freshen up for the day. When I walk back out, Justin's not here. Let me guess, he's gone to the "store" again? Bullshit.
"I think we should get out of the house. Are you feeling better?"
Justin walks in with his hair fixed. I guess he didn't go to the store.
"Yea. Where are we going?"
Changing into a simple grey v-neck, I ask him as he takes off his shirt. That's when I quickly glance away, so I don't see the scratches on his back.
"The mall. It's really nice here."
He replies, but I'm not paying much attention. The room collapses into silence as we change into our outfits. After I zip my jean shorts, still avoiding his body, I feel Justin take my hand and draw me into another hug. It makes me want to cry and scream.
"...I'm sorry Val. I never meant to hurt you. I was just too fed up. I'm sorry."
Justin whispers into my ear, and I bite my tongue to swallow the pain.
"It's ok."
Somehow, I manage to choke out.
"I love you."
Justin wants to kiss me, so I look him in the eyes. What am I waiting for? Kiss him. Tell him you love him. Give him another chance. What am I doing?
"I love you."
Forming a smile, I kiss him with infatuation and forgiveness.
"Ah, you're the best."
He tightens the hug and breathes me in before pecking my cheeks all over.
"Stop it."
I giggle and pull away, drying my eyes.
"Let's go. You're gonna love the mall."
He takes my hand and leads me downstairs and to his front door. We get in his blue Maserati before he starts driving. Hotline Bling is on the radio, and Justin starts singing along to it.
"Not bad."
I smirk at his singing. His voice is beautiful.
"I'll take that as a compliment."
He pulls into the mall as the song finishes. We walk inside, and I realize how huge the mall is.
"Omigod this is huge."
I gaze at the 3 story mall while Justin grips my hand.
"It depends on what you're talking about."
He gives me a nudge, and I roll my eyes.
"Let's do some shopping."
He pulls me into a J Crew. I take this as a sign that he's not going to let me leave without buying something.
-1pm-
(Justin's pov)
Val and I have been shopping for about an hour and a half. Everything's going fine, me and Val. She's forgiven me for hurting her, and I swore I'd never fuck her over again. I still feel like such a dick. We're currently in a Macy's, which Val wanted to go in. Personally, I think it's too cheap but I'll do whatever Val wants.
"Baby, you should try this on."
Val shoves a grey flannel at me, her eyes filled with hope.
"I don't wear cheap stuff."
I decline, making her roll her eyes.
"Just try it."
She shoves it again at me.
"Oh, alright."
Only for Val, I'll do it. I take the flannel and head inside the dressing room as she looks through clothing racks.
Knowing the flannel will not work out, I still go inside a dressing room. I don't like how this place is so unorganized. It messes with me, but I'll tolerate it for Val. I lock the door then wipe my hands on my pants, like it'll remove the germs.
"Miss me?"
Suddenly, I'm shoved against the wall, face to face with Jayde. My eyes wide, I take notice of her large breasts, which are pressing against my lightly-covered chest.
"Get away from me. I don't want anything to do with you."
Realizing my lust, I push her away and reach for the door. I will not fuck around anymore. Val's my only one.
"C'mon baby, you know you want it. She's still shopping. She won't know."
Jayde slides in front of me and takes her top off, revealing her tempting chest. My eyes lock on her black-laced breasts, then shift to her needy eyes, then at the time. 1:05. I've got roughly 5 minutes.

(A/N: Sorry for the poor quality video. The colors don't match. It's just that I really like the gif of Justin and I wanted to add it in. Next post is on Tuesday)

🎨 Vote 🎨