Stick It

James POV

"James!" Mayella yelled. I jumped as I woke up.

"James!" She yelled again.

"What? What is it?" I asked. She clutched her side and shrieked in pain. I immediately started to freak out.

"What's going on!?" I yelled in panic.

"I don't know!" She screamed. "Fuck!" She screamed.

"What!?"I yelled. Her breathing started to get calmer.

"Nothing that just hurt like hell." She said, laying back down.

"Well what the hell was it?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Hell if I know. It's not like it can kill me." She said.

"But Jesus Christ May, if it hurts like that... Well I-" she cut me off.

"James I am fine, I'll be ok." She said.

"I know but, you just scared the living shit out of me." I said reaching for a cigarette on the nightstand. I put it in my holder, May just took a plain one. I lit hers first and then mine. We smoked and she went back to bed. I laid there and stared at the ceiling with her in my arms. She twitched a little I rubbed her back. It was finally peaceful.

That was until Iris barged in.

"Meeting!! We need a meeting!!" She said. Mayella and I jumped from our bed and she continued to ramble.

"They're closing us down!! You know what happens when we get closed down!? We get knocked down!! As in destroyed!! What will happen to you!? Donovan!?" May grabbed her shoulders and told her to calm down.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked.

"There's been so many people to go missing here, they're deeming it unsafe. The murders need to stop!!" She said. Mayella and I looked to each other.

"Hotel meeting." I said. "Inform all the ghosts and guests there will be a meeting." She nodded and I looked around the room. Only to realise that we were in the penthouse.

Oh yes, I'd almost forgotten. We moved into the penthouse after Elizabeth was done with.

How long has it been since Mayella and I got married? The answer is 62 years. It was now the glorious year of 2015 my Mayella hasn't aged and neither have I. Our halloweens are the best. We've started this Devil's Night about 30 something years ago, all of the biggest killers join us at the hotel off an annual killing unlike any other. Mayella snapped me out of my thoughts and I glanced at her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You built this hotel in 1920 right?" She asked.

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"Well it's 2016, in four years this hotel will be 100 years old. They can't knock it down then, it's a historical sight." She said. I looked at her in awe. I closed my mouth and raised my eyebrow at her. She shrugged.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing Darling you're just brilliant absolutely brilliant." I said. She smiled and latched her hand around my waist. I put my arm around her shoulder and we walked down stairs, greeted by all the ghosts. Most of them were my victims.... Well this is going to be awkward.