1 A sneak peek into the characters

AMBER'S POV

'You may now kiss the bride' were the words that made my heart nearly skip a beat. I was finally married. I was Mrs. Dylan Clayton, married to the love of my life. 6'1" handsome man with black hair, blue smiling eyes and a slight pout. He is an absolute charmer and he is all mine!

Dylan leaned in towards me towering over my 5'5" frame, pulling me towards him by the waist and kissed my lips...slowly at first and then with passion. The cheerful clapping brought us back to the present and I blushed. Dylan smiled at me.

We stepped down the altar arm in arm. "So Mrs. Clayton, how do you feel?" Dylan smiled down at me. "Well Mr. Clayton, I feel like...yours". And he pecked my lips.

We were interrupted by my best friends, Bethany and Rebecca.
"Amber, we are so so happy for you". Beth hugged me tight.
"Can't breathe". And she released me before hugging me tightly once more.

"Well looks like someone is getting impatient..don't worry Mr.Charmer, we won't keep her away from you for long. We know how impatient you are to get her alone". Becca said to Dylan who merely rolled his eyes at her and smirked at me. I blushed making them laugh.

Bethany and Rebecca were my only friends, and I first met them at the diner where I started working few months ago.
Bethany was taller than me at 5'7" with straight shoulder length black hair and was the funny one among us three.
Rebecca, however was the wise one, the one you go to for advice. She was pretty with long brownish black wavy hair tumbling down her back.

I was saved from further remarks by my dad. He hugged me tight and kissed my forehead. "Hey cupcake, you look gorgeous just like your mom" and just like that my eyes started tearing up. It was my special day and i wanted my mom with me today, more than ever.
And I know that he missed her too and I am forever grateful to him to try to keep our small family together after my mom passed away due to breast cancer 3 years ago.
"Now that you are married, don't forget your old man. And you young man! take care of my daughter".
"Don't worry sir, I intend to keep my vows". "You better!". This made me smile. This was his both mama and papa bear side talking.
"Dad!"
"What? I need to know that my daughter will be happy".
"Dad you worry too much. I'll miss you too. I love you".

"Mommy!" and my dad handed my 1 year old niece Jennifer aka Jenny over to me. She is actually my late sister's daughter who gave Jenny's permanent custody over to me, not trusting her alcohoic and abusive husband with her daughter. "How is my munchkin". I kissed her cheek and she cuddled into me giving me a toothy grin. Dylan absolutely adores her and we plan to raise her as our own.

"I am gonna miss this sweetheart" said my dad.
"Dad, why don't you come and stay with us?"asked Dylan.
"Oh no son, I cannot leave my home. There are too many memories there". My eyes brimmed with tears.
"Oh cupcake, don't cry, I'll come visit you" he said wiping my tears.

"Son! Amber"
"Dad! Mom"
"Congrats son! Keep this beautiful girl happy".
"Ofcourse dad, I plan to."
"Oh Clint, she'll be happy, who doesn't with money!".
That was my very obnoxious mother-in-law. She is the high society snobbish kind of woman who doesn't leave a single chance to make me feel unworthy of her son but I'll not let my mother-in-law spoil my day today. I don't know why but she never really liked me and she doesn't hide the fact. Rather she throws it in my face every chance she gets.
"Mom!"
"Maria!"

"Hey sis, don't let her get to you" said Vanessa, Dylan's twin sister. "She has an exceptional talent in making people miserable" and Dylan too looked serious.
I slightly squeezed his hand telling him it was alright and he very tenderly looked at me squeezing my hand back. Well it's not like we have to go live with her. I think I can manage that.
I liked how both of us didnot have to speak to convey our feelings. I donot know what I would do without Dylan in my life.

We then headed towards our car with jenny resting her head on my shoulder. The plan was to go to his parent's house for the reception as insisted by Clint although Maria was not very fond of the idea. And then we are off to our honeymoon. I was super- excited because we were going to Maldives and I was not very worried for Jenny since Vanessa insisted to take care of her.

I was more than happy with how my life was turning around for the better. It was like nothing could spoil it now.
Only if I knew I couldn't have been more wrong!

**************
Well that's it for this chapter. Tell me if you like it and please comment.
It's my first story and positive criticism is welcome but the rest are absolutely welcome to not read it and keep your comments to yourself...
Do you think I should continue???