15 The baby effect

A/N :: please read the note at the end!
------------------------------------------------------------

DAMIEN'S POV
After convincing Amber to receive the shipment, I went inside the conference room.

As expected, the meeting was a success and the balls rolled in our favor. Looking at the time, I realised that the meeting had ended quite earlier than expected.
By now even the package would have been delivered and Amber would have left.

I headed to my car and was soon standing outside my door. I unlocked it but was left speechless by the sight in front of me.

There stood Amber in the middle of my living room, half bent half standing, shock written on her face.
My once clean living room now looked like a child's playroom. There were scattered toys all over the floor, the side tables moved into a corner, all the expensive show pieces no where in sight.
And there was a half eaten bowl of something very gooey that was downright repulsive.

As I overcame the initial shock and took one step further inside, I cringed as a loud squeaky sound was heard. I looked down to see a plastic barbie doll dressed in a torn baby pink frock under my feet.

If that was not all, I heard a loud squeal and stopped dead in my tracks.

Well what did you think that Amber was playing with toys!

A few feet away from Amber sat a baby,not more than one year old, now directly looking at me.
It looked like a she from the clothes she was wearing. There was a teddy bear in her hands which looked like it didn't  have much time left until completely beheaded.

I looked incredulously at Amber as a small giggle left her lips and blurted the first thing that came to my mind.

"You have a baby!" well it was more like a statement but I felt the sudden shift in atmosphere.

For a few seconds, it was quiet. Amber kept fidgeting with her fingers.

She always does that when nervous, provided my mind.

Then I felt a small tug on my pants and looked down to see the baby attempting to stand up. She soon succeeded and hugged my legs.

I looked over Amber to see her looking scared.
Does she think that I will harm the baby, that thought somehow angered me.

I bent down and scooped her up in my arms.

"Hello baby!" I said smiling and I received a full blown smile in return that made me feel a very different emotion deep inside me. From the corner of my eye, I saw Amber looking shocked.

"What is your name,darling? And how do you do young lady?"

She grinned before replying,
"Jaey"

"She means Jenny...her full name is Jennifer" said Amber clearing her throat.

Jenny kept looking at me for a long time before touching my face with her small hands and said, "Dadda"

They she looked towards Amber and pointing at me, said, "Mamma, dadda, dadda!"

A loud gasp left Amber's mouth and I looked towards her to see how her face had paled in a matter of few seconds.

I felt dread taking over me as my mind processed the information.

She is married and has a old year old baby.

But there is no ring!

Maybe she is an unwed mother.
But my mind refused to believe that. I couldn't picture Amber having a baby out of marriage.

When Amber made no move to take Jenny from me, she gave a sharp cry and hid her face in my neck chanting 'dadda' over and over again.
I felt a strange sense of peace with Jenny in my arms.
I embraced the feeling and patted her back trying to soothe her.

Jenny's loud cry broke the trance that Amber was in and she came over to me taking Jenny from me. Jenny resisted but eventually let go of me and tucked her face in Amber's neck as she cooed soothing words to her.

"If you don't mind, can I use one of your guestrooms?" asked Amber awkwardly.

I slowly nodded my head and watched her go.

I could not process anything right now. A number of questions plagued my mind.

Is Amber married?

Why isn't there any wedding ring?

How long has she been married for?

Is Jenny her baby? She did call her Mamma!

Is she is a single mother?

Where is the father?

Is he alive?

Did he not want Jennifer?

I had been in my thoughts for a long time but Amber had still not returned. So I decided to check up on them.

As I peeked inside the room, I saw Jenny fast asleep on the bed and Amber pacing on the floor, talking to herself and crying.

As soon as I heard the words that left her mouth, I angrily barged inside and taking her from the shoulders made her face me. Shock was plastered over face.

"I...I..wa...was" she attempted to speak but before that I pulled her harshly towards me and brought my mouth on hers, hard, pouring all my frustration, my anger, my feelings into it.

After I pulled away for air, I told her sternly, "Never.ever.think.like.that.again. You have no right to judge on my behalf" and she merely looked at me surprised before resting her head on my chest. As I wrapped my arms around her, I couldn't have been more happier.

There were a lot of questions that needed to be answered and taking one look at a sleeping Jenny, I took Amber with me to the living room to get some answers.

------------------------------------------------------------

Okay my cherries,
That's it for this chapter. I know it's short but I wanted to keep other things for the next chapter!

So how was Jenny's and Damien's meeting??

What do you think Amber was talking about to herself that made Damien so angry?

Comment, comment and comment;
But don't forget to vote ;)

IMPORTANT....
IMPORTANT....
IMPORTANT....

Guys I am not getting enough response...i know it is my first story but I am putting a lot of effort into it. I am giving you a new chapter everyday and sometimes more than one!

Your lack of response makes me feel that the story is not good enough. Just tell me if you don't like something, that's the only way I will know.

But I am so so thankful to
@sereneserica
@purnima52
@manneypriya
@bornqueen73
@diuupp
@sravya18
@Niqabi_Muslimah
For their constant support to my story :)

Happy reading everyone :)