4 The lost moments

Hi my sweeties!
Okay this is my fourth update today...I donot know what has gotten into me but seeing that already people have started reading my story...kind of motivated me!

And this chapter I am dedicating to @sereneserica and @purnima52 for all the support and it is probably because of them that I have started this story again!!

So yes people, read my story, vote, comment and recommend...hehehhe
------------------------------------------------------------------
AMBER'S POV
As soon as I gained consciousness, tears sprung my eyes and my heart felt heavy.

Through my peripheral vision, I found my dad with Jennifer, my besties and Dylan's family: his dad and his twin Vanessa.

Maria was not there, probably because she blamed me for her son's death. Not that I blame her when I myself feel the same.

Seeing their tear stained faces,inspite of the fact that they were trying hard not to cry in front of me pushed me over the edge and once again, loud sobs shook my body.

Seeing me Jenny sensed something was wrong and immediately started squirming to come over to me. I happily held her close to my chest. Her small body provided me the comfort that I desperately needed right now.

Clint stepped forward, keeping his hand on my head and I welcomed the contact. He had aged nearly ten years in these few days. His once bright blue eyes, very similar to Dylan's lacked their usual spark. Now they appeared dull and lifeless.

"You know he loved you very much and he wouldnot want to see you like this", Clint said.

"It's all my fault. If it werenot for me, he would still be here".

This lead to another bout of tears.
Clint squeezed my hand and left the room.
Jenny squirmed again in my arms and now dad took her with him to the baby care area.

Nesaa, Beth and Becca sat around me on my bed as I continued crying.

"I am sorry Nessa. Forgive me"

"shh Amber, we are sisters. We have to support each other and I have nothing against you. You made him happy. Whatever time he spent with you, he was happy. Don't blame yourself".

"Oh my God, What am I going to do?" I sobbed tightly hugging Vanessa.

"Amber, everything will be fine. You will be fine. Dylan will always be there with you. Just be strong, for yourself, for your dad and most importantly for Jenny. Otherwise she will sense something is wrong and it is not good for her. You are her mom now, she cannot afford to lose you too", said Becca.

They spent some more time with me.

When they left, dad came with Jenny who immediately pushed her hands towards me as if asking me to hold her. And this time I knew what I had to do. Whatever happened was unfortunate but I will make a good life for my daughter, our daughter.
I would grieve for my lost love, my husband and our memories and times together, and Dylan will always be in heart but Jenny is my priority now.
I am far from normal and probably it will take me a lifetime to put all the pieces of my life back together but I know Dylan is there with me to help me guide our daughter.
And this was his last wish, and I will give everything I have to fulfill it.

This past week in the hospital was aweful.
Beth and Becca came everyday for a couple hours as their shifts at the diner finished to keep me company.

Every spare minute I had, when I was not with Jenny, I was lost in thoughts, in once happy memories and what could have been, only if...
My thoughts were interrupted by Jenny who was now sitting on my lap, drawing...more like scribbling.
"Mommy"

"Yes, my munchkin" i asked kissing her head. Her smell of baby shampoo and baby powder soothed my mind.

"See mommy" she said trying to show me her doodling

"What is that my sweetie" she showed me four sticked, one long, two medium sized and one short.

Then pointing to the long one, "that's nana"
"okay then who is this" I asked pointing to the small one
"that's me"Ii couldn't help not kissing her
"okay then who are these two" I asked pointing to the same sized sticks
"that's you and dadda" she said with a toothy grin.

I gasped as tears sprung my eyes. How happy would Dylan have been if he had heard her call him 'dadda' for the first time.
But soon the happiness turned into a deep pain in my chest as I realised that Dylan would never hear her call him dadda.
I immediately grapped my phone, opening my video camera and recorded the moment along with Jenny's picture to cherish forever, as she continued chanting 'dadda'.

Our sweet moment was interrupted by my dad coming.
He came towards us and kissed both our foreheads.

"how are my favourite girls"

"look nana, see" and she showed dad her doodle and explained the picture.

As soon as she said 'dadda', my dad was shocked and happy too, and happy tears along with a little sadness clouded his eyes.

"Okay, I came to inform that you have been discharged, the bills are paid and we are ready to go home". He said clearing his throat.

"Dad"

"umm...why don't you freshen up babygirl, we will leave soon" I knew he was trying to avoid my question about bills.

"Dad!"

"Babygirl, don't worry about a anything"

"But Dad!"

Just then Clint entered

"Amber, don't worry about anything. You are also my daughter. Everything is taken care of. I could atleast do this much since you refused to stay with us".
I sighed and nodded but said nothing.

"And if you need anything, you know where to find me. I don't want you to hesitate in asking me for anything".
I just nodded my head and hugged him.

I had refused to stay in my in-law's house, first because Maria wouldn't appreciate it and second, there would be too many memories of Dylan.
Dylan and I had decided to go house hunting together after we returned from our honeymoon. But that seemed like a distant memory now.

I soon changed into my clothes that Beth brought and we were ready to go.
I was also returned my wedding and engagement rings, and even Dylan's were handed over to me.
Seeing them, tears filled my eyes but I stopped myself from crying.

At least now I had something of Dylan's along with his memories.
With that thought in my mind, I picked up Jenny and we headed home.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay guys
That's it for this chapter.
How did you like it?