12 The drunken kiss

DAMIEN'S POV
It was Saturday morning and I was working in my office on the new deal regarding the land I have been planning on buying for quite some time now.
There was a commotion outside my cabin which distracted me.

As I went outside to see what it was all about, immediately a sudden urge to punch something came over me looking at the face I never wanted to see again. But I kept my expression blank when inside I was burning with rage.

"What is going on here?" my voice boomed in the otherwise silent area. Everything in front of me stilled.

"S...sir, this lady here doesn't have an appointment and when I told her that you were busy, she wouldn't leave" I snorted hearing Nina, call Miranda a lady. She was far from it.

"Hey babe, this stupid receptionist wouldn't let me meet you. She doesn't even know me and asked me to get out. I think you need to show her, her place" asked Miranda coming and wrapping herself over me like her desperate self, smirking in Nina's direction who now looked scared.

I felt disgusted at her overly sweet fake tone. How did I even tolerate her all those months.

"Nina I do not want anyone to disturb me for the time being and cancel all my appointments this afternoon" I could see Miranda's disappointment radiating of off her as I dragged her in my office.

"What.are.you.doing.here?" I snarled.

"Baby, don't be like that. You know how much I love you" she said trying to be seductive and trailing her long claw like red nails on my face and neck.
I internally gagged at her antics but kept my expression neutral.

What did I ever see in her.

I not-so-softly pushed her away from me and she stumbled over her deadly pointy heels but soon managed to stabilise herself.

"Don't try to play games with me. What the hell are you doing here?"

"Come on babe! Can't I just come and meet you, you know, for old times sake?"

"It is exactly for the old times sake that I do not want to see your pathetic face. Just get out and don't come near me ever again" I said facing away from her, not wanting to see the failure of my judgement in her.

She was a reminder about how easily she had fooled me, into trusting her to an extent that I had even proposed to her.

How could I have not see through her true cheating and manipulating self all these months.

She was the reason I had doubted Alex.

She was the reason I had almost lost my best friend.

She was the reason Alex and Cara's marriage had almost ended.

She was the reason for every fucking thing that went wrong in our lives.

"Fine then. I just want you to reinvest in my dad's company. His is going into loss and we need an investor. He is losing his health because of the stress and I am worried"

I laughed humorlessly, piercing her with my icy blue eyes.

"I have nothing to do with you anymore. I am not investing a single penny in your company. You should have thought about everything before you decided to seduce my best friend on our engagement party" I spat at her and she flinched.

Good.

"Why don't you go and ask one of your new conquests to help you" I saw her fuming but I did not care anymore.

"And now I have work to do. So kindly show yourself out before I call the security. And I know how much you care about your reputation" with that she stomped out as the door slammed shut.