This Is My Gang

Chapter 8

“Ok. You have your wallet, your keys, and your cell right?”

“Yes Carter baby. I’ll see you later alright?”

“Alright. Buy something, suggestive, for me.”

“Alright. Bye.”

“Bye Anna.” I can’t believe it. I got Carter to let me go ‘buy clothes.’ All you gotta do is make the man trust you. I drove out of the huge driveway and headed towards the gate. When the doors opened automatically I smirked and stepped on the gas. I was free. 

“Woohoo!” I screamed not caring if anyone else heard me. I knew Carter probably tracked something, so I drove to a car dealership and bought a new one. I ditched the old one and made my way over to Ashton’s. I finally got there seven hours later and when I did get there no one was outside. 

“I’m home!!!!!!” I yelled at the very top of my lungs. I saw the blinds on the front window open and everyone came running out. 

“Anna! My god is that you?”

“One and only.” James picked me up and swung me in circles. 

“Damn girl! How did you get back so quick? You’ve only been gone a day!”

“Well, Carter thinks I’m clothes shopping for something ‘suggestive.’ They all laughed and I saw Ashton finally run out of the house. Damn, I forgot just how hot he was.

“Anna!”

“Ashton!”

“Anna!”

“James!” 

“James! Stay out of this! She’s my girl, remember?” Ashton picked me up in his arms and brought his lips crashing to mine. I wrapped my legs around his waist fully aware of all the guys yelling, 

“Get a room!” 

“Why didn’t you guys come after me?”

“We were planning. We were going to come bring you back on Monday.”

“Oh by the way, where’s your dad? I need to thank him.”

“Why do you want to thank him? He got you taken!”

“Yes, but I wouldn’t have found out the info I know now.”

“What did you find out Anna?” Ashton’s dad came walking out of the home at that exact moment.

“Where that asshole lives.”

“Well that’s good. Anything else?”

“Yeah, but you might want to sit down for this.”

“Alright.” Ashton and everyone else plopped down onto the cement where they stood.

“Carter has a twin.”

“What!?!?!?!?” They all jumped off the ground and stared at me.

“Yeah, a twin. I beat up the twin by the way not Carter.”

“God dammit!”

“Oh and he has this other brother and damn man!”

“What?”

“He was HOT!”

“Oh my god Anna. You have a boyfriend.”

“Yeah I know, but I’m not kidding. I think you guys would be gay just so you could date him. I know I would.”

“ANNA!” 

“Oops. Sorry Ash, I’m just saying. He hit on me too. In front of Carter. And then he got pissed because I stayed with Carter instead of doing him.”

“WHAT!?”

“Yeah. But I had to turn him down. I was kind of pissed I had to turn him down, but I remembered what I had here and I stayed with Carter to make him trust me more. Then I left this morning.”

“I knew it! I knew you wanted me!” The guys and I turned around to see none other than Eric.

“How the hell did you get here Eric?” Ashton leaned down to whisper in my ear.

“That’s Eric? Carter’s brother?”

“Yeah. It is. What do you want Eric? And how did you find me?”

“Tracked your phone. Carter’s going to pissed when he figures out that you left……..”

“Dammit! James? Take my phone and break it.”

“Yes! I always wanted to purposely break a phone!” James took my phone and smashed it on the ground. “Huh, not as fun as I thought it would be.”

“Ok. Now that that’s done with. Eric, you can’t tell him where I am.”

“Ok.”

“Ok?”

“On one condition.”

“What Eric?”

“You have to kiss me.”

“Why do I have to kiss everyone? I mean come on! I’ve kissed every guy here!”

“Come on, do you want my little brother to find out?”

“Fine.”

“Anna, no.”

“I have to Ashton.” I walked to Eric and he wrapped his hands around my waist pulling me closer to him. He brought his lips to mine and I kissed him, I honestly didn’t think it would be anything like this. He is a terrible kisser. I knew my Ashton was better. I pulled away from Eric and walked back to a steaming Ashton. “It’s ok babe.”

“I know Princess.” He wrapped me in his arms and looked at Eric. “You can go now you know.”

“Actually no. He can’t just yet.” We turned to see Carter standing behind Eric with his arms crossed. 

“Carter.”

“Yeah. Anna, why did you come here? How do you even know these people?”

“Carter, they, are why I was at the ball. This is my gang.” Carter’s eyes grew wide when he heard the word gang. And they grew even bigger when he saw Ashton’s arms wrapped around me. 

“Who is this?”

“Carter, this is Ashton. My boyfriend.”

“You told me he died a few weeks ago in a car accident!”

“Yeah, he did. But, the medics revived him.” James gave me one of those looks. You know, the ‘Are you on fucking drugs?’ look. 

“But you don’t love him.”

“How do you know she doesn’t?” Ashton looked pissed, really pissed. 

“Because she told me she didn’t. She told me last night that she loved me.”