Tears of Happiness

Chapter 14 

Ashton’s P.O.V. 

“It’s a secret.” Please let it be her bedroom, please let it be her bedroom, please let it be her bedroom. She yanked me into her bedroom and I about jumped for joy. But I didn’t. Instead, I pushed her against the door of her bedroom and crashed my lips to hers hungrily. God I missed this.  She put her hands under my shirt and traced my abs with her hands. I moved us away from the door and pushed her onto the bed, never breaking the kiss. She lifted my t-shirt of my body and I was a bit surprised. She had never taken it that far before. And that wasn’t even that far!

“Anna? What are you doing?”

“Take me Ashton.”

“Anna are you sure?”

“You don’t want to?”

“Are you fucking me?” Ok, wrong word choice right there.

“No. But I want to. But I don’t think you do Ashie.”

“Anna, I would almost give my life, to be able to take you right here, but I need to know you’re ready for this.”

“Ashton, I am.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twenty two hours later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh shut it.”  The fucking door that always opens at just the wrong time decided to open on up revealing a smiling James. 

“What do we have here?”

“James, leave.” Ashton sounded impatient and angry.

“I don’t want to. I was going to come invite you to watch Glee with us, but this is WAY more interesting.”

“Oh fuck you James.” I was the one getting impatient now.

“Looks like you already did a good job of that with Ashton, Mrs. Amore.” I don’t know which way he meant that. Did he really just call me Mrs. Love? Or was he trying to make it sound like Ashton and I were married?

“Anna, I need to tell you something.”

“What is it Ashton?” 

“James let me tell her alone. You need to leave.”

“Oh come on man!”

“Now!” James stormed out shutting the door behind him.

“What is it Ashton? What’s up?”

“You know what your parents did for a living right?”

“Yeah, they were doctors. Why?”

“Not necessarily. They were Wolves.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. My parents were Wolves! That would explain a lot actually. Why they owed Carter money, why they were involved at all, why they were never home…….

“How do you know?”

“Here’s the thing Anna, and don’t get pissed  with me because I only found out yesterday while you were with Carter. My dad told me. The Wolves and the Bulls are the two singly most powerful gangs in the entire country. Your parents had contacted my dad and well, discussed things.”

“What kind of things?”

“Well, they wanted to bring the two groups together, we work alongside each other and create the most powerful gang in the entire world.”

“And by bringing the groups together you mean?”

“You and I were supposed to get married when you turned eight-teen.” Holy shit balls! Ashton and I were in an arranged fucking marriage! 

“Wait, I’m confused, so if you didn’t find out until yesterday, then, how did you know to pick me at the club that night?”

“Well I didn’t know. That part was fate completely. And the fact that you’re a Bull now, I guess we kind of were like, joined already I guess. Your parents were like, the head honchos until Carter killed them. Then he got his ruling seat where he is now.” 

I understood it all now. My parents didn’t owe Carter money, he killed them for the position! Ashton and I were in an arranged marriage and now that we fell for each other, I guess that was alright. Carter didn’t want me, he just didn’t want me to get married to Ashton or at least find out about my parents position because that put me in charge of the Wolves and that wasn’t good for him.  I understood it all now.

“Anna?”

“Yeah Ashton?”

“I told my dad to cancel the marriage. So we aren’t getting married.” I heard him mumble something after that but I couldn’t make it out over the annoying voices in the back of my head. The fucking voices sounded like James and Cade. FUCK! 

(These are Anna’s internal battles)

The voice that sounded like James spoke up first.

“That bastard doesn’t love you, he doesn’t want to get married to you.”

“For being the devil, you sure are fucking stupid.”

“I am not! And for being God, you cuss a lot.”

“I know I’m a god James, thank you very much. Anna, he does love you. Maybe he just isn’t ready for commitment.”

“If he isn’t ready for a commitment than why is he dating her! He just had sex with her, now he’s gonna dump her, that’s why he canceled the marriage.”

“Shut up James! He’s not breaking up with her!” 

I couldn’t hear the internal battle anymore over my sobs now. 

“Anna what’s wrong?”

“You don’t really love me. You used me.”

“Anna, I do love you. What makes you think I don’t?”

“You don’t want to get married. Meaning you aren’t ready for commitment and that just tells me that we’re done.” I got off the bed and threw my t-shirt and jeans back on. 

“Anna where are you going?”

“I don’t know exactly.” 

“Anna, I don’t want to break up with you! Please don’t leave.”

“Then why did you cancel the arranged marriage?”

“Because I wanted to do it right.”

“Do what right Ashton?”

“This.” Ashton got down on one knee and I felt the tears streaming down my face.