Just a Colleague : Chapter 2

Chapter Two : Testing my Patience

"Yes mother", I sighed. "I've settled in just fine"

I rolled my eyes as she continued to ramble on about how much she loved and missed me. I knew it'd be coming up in future phone calls also.

"You're not going to either consider coming back?" she wailed.

"Mother. I am nineteen and I have a job", I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, at least visit", mother huffed.

"I will. I promised you and Dad that I would"

"Alright honey. I'll talk to you soon. I love you"

"I love you too, Mum. Tell Dad that I love him also and that I say hi, please", I sighed before the line went dead.

I cleared my throat, flopping back down onto my bed. An exhausted groan left my throat and I really wasn't up for cooking. Which meant that I'd have to get something.

I sighed and rolled out of the bed, gaining a stance on my feet quickly as I scooped up my phone and purse.

"Order 594!" a petit girl called.

I quickly raised my hand, smiling as I approached her.

"Just the pepperoni?" she checked.

I nodded approvingly, sending her a quick grin before spinning on my heel. My body collided with another and I groaned, having myself steadied by whoever it was.

"Clumsy are we Miss Brindell"

Mr Hemmings. I cursed under my breath, glancing up at the attractive teacher. I snorted at the smirk which seemed to always be on his face while I was around, but nonetheless, I tried to be kind.

"Thank you, Mr Hemmings", I smiled politely.

I hadn't realised that his hands were still positioned on my hips with a firm grasp until I glanced down.

"Having pizza all alone are you?"

"I don't exactly live with anyone", I replied with a shrug and curious gaze.

"Wait, come with me", Mr Hemmings smirked.

"Sir, I'm tired and I need to get back", I countered, shunting my body away from his hold.

"Come on. There's no real reason you need to be back", he snorted, looking down at me with a smug expression.

I resisted to urge to roll my eyes. Only because I still wanted to remain formal. Seeing other teachers around didn't seem ideal to me, or even becoming friends with them. And, unfortunately, Mr Hemmings would be the last I'd want a friendly encounter with.

"Fuck off", I muttered quietly.

Mr Hemmings didn't seem to hear me as he dragged my wrist towards where he'd pick up his pizza.