Just a Colleague : Chapter 3

Chapter Three : Debates

I groaned, rolling out of my bed unwillingly as I rubbed my eyes. Quickly, I made my way to the shower, allowing for the gentle, warm water to tumble onto my skin, absorbing the salt water which pricked upon my skin at the harsh reality of stress I'd been forced to endure. I sighed in relief, allowing for the fresh droplets of cleansed water to seep into the paws of my skin, alongside the salty substance which would soon arise once again.

I had yet another day with Mr Hemmings and to say I was dreading it would be an understatement.

Mr Hemmings drove me insane and I felt the need to claw at my own skin at his jarring utterance which left me jaded. He had that effect naturally and it was a quality which I very much loathed. He was egotistical and somehow had the ability to have me fuming and searing beyond what we experienced from the scorching, vermilion ball of gas which was accustomed to rise and set each day; the sun.

After dressing myself and applying my makeup, I pulled my hair back in a fishtail braid and started towards the exit of the my apartment building. I sauntered hastily towards the coffee shop where I stopped by each morning for a forenoon refreshment.

I tugged my phone from my pocket just as it sounded, indicating I had a text. I read over it, eyebrows furrowing as I did.

"Hi sweetheart, please pick up a coffee for me - Mr H"

I huffed, completely unaware of how he knew my number. Although, I cooperated nonetheless, going to fetch 2 coffee's.

I stepped into the classroom, clutching the two coffee's tightly in my hands as I approached Mr Hemmings.

"How'd you get my number?" I frowned, setting the cup of hot liquid in front of him.

Mr Hemmings glanced up at me from his paper, letting the pen fall from between his fingertips he gripped the warm cup.

"Thanks sweetheart", he mumbled, taking a sip from the cup.

"Answer me", I pressed.

"I asked Mrs Campbell for schooling purposes", Mr Hemmings shrugged.

"Please stop calling me sweetheart, sir. I prefer Quinn or Miss Brindell", I grimaced at the petname as it tumbled from my lips.

"Why would I? Sweetheart", Mr Hemmings spoke through velvet, watching me through his thin, blonde lashes.

"It makes me feel extremely uncomfortable", I muttered quietly, already preparing for a cocky remark.

"I make you nervous, sweetheart"

"You do no such thing", I retorted, giving him a sour look.

"I make every girl nervous", Mr Hemmings began. "I read my students workbooks and find their dirty little fantasies which they write about me"

"That's disgusting", I cringed. "How do you even deal with that?"

"You get used to it", Mr Hemmings smirked as I rolled my eyes. "I assume no one's ever taken interest in you?"

"I have a boyfriend, sir", I lied. "I had boyfriends all through highschool"

"Of course you did", Mr Hemmings chortled, rolling his eyes. "I won't believe it until you give me a lap dance"