Just a Colleague : Chapter 4

Chapter Four : Reassurance & No More Sweetheart

"Hi Mr and Mrs Campbell", I smiled politely, knocking on the large, auburn door to their office.

"Oh! Hello darling", Mrs Campbell beamed, ushering me further inside.

I smiled politely, seating myself once Mr Campbell gestured for me to do so.

"Mr Hemmings asked that I drop these off to you", I passed over a stack of paper.

Mr Campbell looked at it curiously, furrowing his brows as he took the papers from my fingers.

"What are they?" Mrs Campbell quizzed, glancing up at me quickly before peering over her husbands shoulder.

"I'm not sure. But I should be going now", I smiled politely, nodding at the wedded two before escorting myself out.

"Quinn", Mr Hemmings immediately stood from his chair as I treaded into the classroom.

"Yes Mr Hemmings?" I glanced up at him, curiosity lacing my tone as he stormed towards me.

"Why the fuck is everyone going on about you kissing Aaron? Did you actually do it because I can go to the admin right now and watch on the CCTV footage and if you have, I can have you made redundant immediately. I suggest you speak the truth because regardless, I am going to go there right away", Mr Hemmings fumed, his fists clenching and unclenching beside him.

I gaped at the tall man, glowering as I shook my head in both disgust and disbelief.

"I would never even consider it, sir! Why the fuck would--"

"Excuse me!" he hollered, stepping forwards until my back hit the wall, his chest pressed to mine. "Don't you dare speak to me like that!"

His large hands clamped shut around my wrists densely. I winced, snatching them back from him. Although, his body was still pressed firmly to mine and boy did I feel as if I were suffocating.

I was fucking fuming and the fact that Mr Hemmings believed high school students over a more matured 19 year old was beyond my belief. It had me sinking deeper into the teal, salty ocean which seemed to be hauling me further down with the currents and wild life and suddenly, I was finding it hard to breathe and I was finding it hard to hold back my thrashing. But at the same time, I could breathe and my breaths were dyspeptic and humid.

"Mr Hemmings. Step away from me, now", I snapped.

"Don't ever speak to me like that", he growled, sapphire pupils penetrating acrimoniously.

Mr Hemmings was too strong headed and heedless and egocentric and by now I'd figured that if there was going to be any form of compromising, I would have to remain collected and polite. Although, I loathed having to be the more mature of us in this situation because it made him look awfully childish and I cared for some odd reason.

"I'm sorry, sir. Please, step away from me", I replied, eerily calm as I watched him do so.

"Did you, or did you not?"

"Of course I didn't, Mr Hemmings. I am truly sorry if you believe I'd do such a thing, sir. Aaron is nothing but an attention seeking boy who learnt no good from his mother. If he is making up such a lie which is going to put my job on the line, I will happily transfer because teaching at school is completely different to learning, much like the system of students to teachers. I will not remain at this school if I am going to be treated like a high school student because I am far from one now. I am mature and I understand right from wrong", I ranted, flailing my arms in exasperation.