Chapter 10~"Mom please"

I wake up to see doctors working on me. I see the bright lights, the tools, and needles in my arms. I hear the heart monitor, the voice of the doctor asking for a different tool. I feel the pain of a sharp object where they are working.

                 11:06am, Sunday.
   "How are you feeling?" I open my eyes and see a nurses face above mine. She tells me not to sit up.
"Where am I?" I ask looking around the  small room. I hear a baby start to cry.
"Kaiden? Kaiden!" I sit up as fast I can ignoring the pain. The nurse lies me back down and tells me not to worry.
"Do you remember anything?" She says with a soft voice. Her hair in a huge bun, black circles under her eyes, pointed ears, and soft skin.
"Where am I?" I ask again.
"The hospital. You needed to have surgery on your stomach." I then poke around at my stomach and feel the stitches. The images of the doctors working on me runs through my mind, and then where my mom almost killed me.
"You will be staying here overnight, I will bring you your medication at two o'clock- it looks like you have some visitors." She walks out of the room. I see a man walk in with my son in his arms.
"Hey, someone missed you." The man sits on a chair.
"What?" I try to remember who he is.
"Wh-who are you?" I ask quietly.
"Madeline? It's me, it's Brent." He bumps his knee up and down.
"Put my son down! You do not have the right to touch him!" I say. He hands me Kaiden.
"Madeline, I'm your boyfriend. I know how you got pregnant, I was with you when you were in labor, I was with you at your dads funereal. On Friday we played a game with nerf guns to see who would pay for dinner." He smiles and gives me a nervous look. I stay silent and start to remember. Kaiden starts to play with the lose hairs that are sticking out of its pony tail.
"Come here" I say and he stands up and puts his hand on my cheek, I kiss him.
"What do you remember?" He sits back down. Kaiden lies down beside me.
"The stabbing, th-the surgery..." I trail off.

9:30pm, Tuesday.
       I wake up and see my mother standing right in front of me with a pill bottle in her hands. I immediately sit up, she pushes me back down and slips the pills into my mouth. I try to spit them out in the empty cup beside the bed.

        When I was only seven years old, I remember my father waking me up at odd times in the night and giving me a certain kind of medicine that would make you have rapid dreams as you sleep. It happened for about four years until my mom caught him one night. As I was lying on a bed in the guest bedroom my dad was getting the pill ready, my mom then walked in and questioned what he was doing. They got into an argument and I went back up to my bedroom.

       She pulls at my neck and forces more pills down my throat. I struggle to breath and push her away. In the corner of my eye I see a nurse running into the room. The nurse pulls at my mom and holds her hands behind her back. The nurse walks out with my mother and a another nurse comes in. She feels around my neck where bruises will form.
"I'll get you some water." The nurse says in a soft voice.

I start to breathe heavily and feel my throat slowly close up. I stand up and put my hands on the bed as I lean over.
"Are you okay?" The nurse comes over and sets the glass of water down. She puts a hand on my back. I look to her with wide eyes.
"Lye back down, you need rest." I don't move. I feel my throat start to burn. I tighten my grip onto the sheets.
"Madeline?" As I cough I feel acid come up into my mouth.
"We need a doctor!" She holds my hair back and try's to protect her shoes.
"Doctor!" She says louder. There's now four people in the room. A doctor, two nurses, and me.
"We need to stop all medications." The doctor says quietly with his hand on my back.
I feel the acid come up into my throat more and more.

         2:28pm,Wednesday.
I wake up to the cool breeze, and sun lighting up the room. I hear the sounds of a crying a baby, heart monitors, and the quiet chat coming from the nurses. I look at the blank white wall and picture what I would be doing at home right now. Kaiden would be playing or be in my arms, me and Brent talking about dinner, with the tv playing an obnoxious children's show. I miss my small family.

      I hear my phone ring.
"Hello?" I answer.
"Madeline? It's you? Please tell me it's you." It's Ron.
"Yeah it's me, what's wrong?" I start to tap my leg.
"No the question is are you okay? I just heard that you were in the hospital, me and justice just flew back from Florida when we got the call."
"I'm fine. Why did you guys fly back? You were supposed to have your little romantic get away thing you had planned." I laugh a little.
"We only cut it three days short, anyways; when are visiting hours?"
"Umm...twelve to seven." I look up at the clock on the wall.
"We'll be there soon. Has Brent come by?" I start to feel guilt. I can't believe I didn't remember him.
"Uh yeah..yeah he has he was here Sunday" I get a weird feeling in my stomach.
"Hopefully he comes by soon. We'll see you soon though, bye." He hangs up.

I put in my headphones and turn the volume up till I can't hear anything else.