Chapter 4~"pressure"

Monday 1:06am.
I wake up from a nightmare. I sit up and put my hair up with the tie that was on my wrist. I sink my face into my hands and then get up to use the washroom. I walk on the cold floor. There's a huge counter like desk where all the doctors take their breaks. Someone looks up form their computer and asks me if I'm okay. I reply and walk away.

I flush the toilet and wash my hands. I lift up my shirt and look at my stomach in the mirror. I smile slightly.
"Maybe you will be a good thing" I say quietly.

After I get back to my room I lie down and drink the old water from yesterday.

I wake up to hear a doctor trying to talk to me.
"Oh hello, sorry" I say. I sit up and listen to what he has to say.
"Have you been feeling dizzy lightheaded?"
"No"
"That's good, we are just going to do a blood test and then you should be free to go" I nod and a nurse comes in and takes three small tubes of blood.
"Now I feel lightheaded" she laughs.

They sent me home so now I'm just sitting in the living room watching tv.
"Can we talk?" My mom says quietly as she comes to sit beside me.
"Yeah of course, what is it?"
"What's going to happen about school? Are you still going to go?"
"I don't know, I know I've missed a lot" she sighs.
"Okay well I'll give you a week, but one more thing. Are you putting the baby up for adoption or will you get an.."
"What you want me to either put this baby up for adoption and then it will grow up and have to go into foster care or you want me to kill it!" I can't give up on this baby.
"Shh. Do you want to raise it?" She has a strange look on her face. I stand up and walk away from her.
"Listen to me!"
"No! I will not listen to you just because dad threw me off into the woods and got some guy to torture me and put his dick inside of me"
"Honey!" She gets up, and looks startled to see my dad walk into the room.
"Oh good! Hi dad, how are you? Why don't you join the conversation!" I say sarcastically.
"Madeline?"
"Oh don't act like you dont know what's going on! You did this to me!" He grabs my arm and shakes me.
"Let her go!" My mom says running over and putting her hand on my dads arm. He lets go.

I walk up to my room and pull out my laptop. I see that I have a new message.
'Hey, it's Ron. Remember me?' It says he's active so he should answer.
'Yeah, hey.' He starts to type.
'How have you been? I thought we could get to know each other'
'Ive been good, you?' That was a bit of a lie.
'That's good. I've been great actually, i went out of town for the weekend with my dad, saw my boyfriend' oh there it is.
'Oh cool' would it be rude to ask if he's gay? It cant be rude.
'So your gay?? If you don't mind me asking'
'I'm bi'
'That's cool' this conversation isn't going far which is good.
'This might seem to straight up but do you want to meet up somewhere?'
'Yeah it'd be good to get out of the house'

3:38pm.
I sit in the food court drinking a chocolate milkshake and wait for Ron.
"Hey!" He says walking up to me. He sits across from me.
"Do you want to go check out some stores?" I ask.
"Yeah sure" we walk around the mall talking about the things we like, and things we've done as a child. We walk into winners and I see the baby section and look at a few things.
"Why would you want to be in here? Let's go look at the shirts" he grabs my hand and leads the way.

After about two hours of walking around the mall we go back to his place and sit on the sofa.
"Can I ask you something?" He looks at me with a serious look. I hope he's not just gonna make a joke.
"Yeah, what is it?" He pulls out his phone and shows me a picture of lanky brown haired boy.
"That's my boyfriend, I want to do something special for him. Think you can help me?"
"Of course I'll help!" I sit up straight.
"So we've been together for about a year and I want to do something fun for our anniversary, because just a going out to dinner and then going to the movies is getting boring" he answer his phone.
"Sorry" he whispers. He talks on the phone for about five minutes. I pick up his cat and pet her.
"Okay sorry about that. Oh I forgot to mention I want to propose" he loves that guy a lot.
"How old are you?" He lets out a laugh.
"I'm 21, he's 22" he smiles.
"Oh I thought you were just an 18 year old jock. So about that proposal?" We both laugh.
"Yeah, well I was think of taking him to his favourite museum, and proposing there" he blushes.
"Ohh you could do that but you could also do like laser tag before you propose" he jumps up with excitement.
"Omg! We can do laser tag and then we will go to the museum, he'd love that!" His eyes open wide with enthusiasm.
"You're getting yourself a husband!" I lean over as I feel a pain in my side. What's going on? Is something wrong with the baby?
"Can you grab my phone and unlock it" I get down on the floor. He gets into my phone and calls my mom and puts her on speaker.
"Mom" Ron puts his hand on my back and tries to comfort me.
"I need you to come get me, I think somethings wrong." I give her the address and she hangs up.
"Wh- what's wrong?" He helps me stand up.
"I I really don't know" he looks at me worriedly.
"Oh she's here" I put on my shoes and get in the car.
"Thank you for having her over, have a nice-" I cut her off.
"Ron get in the car" she looks at me like I'm crazy. He gets in the back set and we drive to the hospital.