Chapter 22~"Why?"

Tuesday, 4:36pm.
I stay sitting in the chair, letting my thoughts wander. Is the baby going to be okay? What will Kaiden's future be like? Justice, Rosely. Where are you? I hope you're safe. Arianna walks back into the room.
"I just got a call from Ron." She's on the verge of crying. I stand up and walk over to her. Kaiden looks concerned.
"What did he say?" I put my hand on her shoulder.
"J-jus...Justice is...dead." She says slowly, and starts to cry. She Barrie's her face into my shoulder, hugging me. He can't be dead, he can't be dead! Don't lie to me. I feel the tears run down my cheeks.
"Please...please tell me, everyone else is okay..." She doesn't let go of me. I stay silent.

After what feels like an hour we walk to Brent's, packers, and Ron's room.
"What happened?" I ask as I walk up to Ron. I hug him. He seems okay, a few bruises, a cut on his cheek.
"They won't tell me where Rosely is." He holds my hand.
"I'm sorry.." I trail off. I look over to Arianna, she looks so sad.
"I'm sorry, it was my idea to go on this road trip. I'm so sorry." He tries to dig the tears. I hug him again.
"It's okay." He shakes his head. The nurse comes over.
"I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She tells me, he grabs my hand as I start to walk away. He won't be the same again.

Wednesday, 6:28am.
I stare at the ceiling, thinking. I'm okay, Brent's okay, Kaiden's okay, Arianna's okay, no one knows about Rosely, hopefully Ron will be okay.

I hear screaming. I jump up, Brent? Ron? Parker? I try to hear what the doctors are saying, it's hard to tell who it would be since theres so many people in this area.
"MADELINE!" Who is it? I pull away the wire and the needle from my hand. I run into the room. I see doctors and nurse crowded around Ron.
"Ron!" I run up to him and two doctors pull me away.
"Let me go! Let go of me!" I beg, I look around, Brent is being held down and so Parker.
"Madeline! Stay! Stay..." I try to pull away from the men, they get closer to the door.
"Don't let him go, hurry up, his hearts slowing down." I hear mumbled.
"Let her go!" Brent yells. I don't try to fight the tears. Would it be bad if I said I'm used to this? I drop to the ground, they let go of me but make sure I don't go anywhere. Everything goes black.

Where is everyone? I look around, I'm in a different room, alone. It's bright, the walls are a yellowish colour, everything's clean, and boring. It looks like Kaiden's room. A nurse walks in.
"You're awake." She says surprised.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask, confused. She looks nervous.
"When you went to see Ron, you blacked out. We brought you here and you wouldn't wake up, you went into a coma for ten days." She says slowly, and softly.
"Is Kaiden okay? Brent? What happened to everyone?" I don't care if I will die, if my family is at risk I'll do anything for them.
"Umm...Well Kaiden and Brent will be getting better."
"What do you mean, getting better?" What happened to them? What happened to everyone? Please just tell me.
"Brent...he had a heart attack last night. He's not doing so well right now, but if he relaxes and takes it easy he'll be okay. Now for Kaiden...he's been pretty upset, and wondering why he's in the hospital." She starts to sweat.
"What happened to Ron, Arianna, Rosely, Parker, Annabelle?" I wish Justice was still here.
"They're, umm...I can take you to see Arianna and Parker."
"Why only Arianna and Parker?" She starts to get annoyed.
"Annabelle and Rosely can't be seen right now." I ignore her, she takes the needle out of my hand, and pulls the wires away from my chest.
"She has to stay here." A doctor walks in as I stand up.
"I'm sorry you have to stay here, we have to run an ultrasound, blood test and an MRI scan." I nod, I'll get out tomorrow and see them. Is the baby okay? Please be okay.... I think while walking to the ultrasound room.
"Hopefully they're okay." The doctor says. He goes through the process of turning on the machine, putting the gel on my stomach, then tuning the small machine on my stomach where the gel is. He stares at the screen. He looks nervous, I start to sweat.
"So now you're four and a half weeks pregnant. The baby is okay, it's weight will be less then average but that's because it wasn't able to grow and get nutrients for those ten days when you were....asleep." I nod.

Thursday, 10:00am.
He's pale, weak. Ron, he had a heart attack. They said it was caused by justices death. He holds my hand and doesn't let go.
"It's going to be okay." He says quietly reassuring himself. He's still in the same room with Brent and Parker, Arianna was moved in here.
"Have you heard anything about Rosely?" I ask softly.
"Y...yes...she's okay now, she needed surgery and stitches. Her rib cage caved in and started fracturing her lungs, the stitches just for a few cuts she got from the glass of the car." He sounds worried and scared.
"Are you okay?" He asks, I look behind me and see Brent.
"I'm fine, just trying to make sure this one will be okay." I put my free hand on my stomach. The room goes silent. This trip was supposed to be fun, and good for the kids but now we're all sad and worried. Is this it? How long will we be in here? I walk over to Brent, his face is red, he can't move.
"I need you to leave." A nurse says walking up to me and putting her hand on my shoulder.