Chapter 18~"New years"

Tuesday, 2:34pm.
Since its New Years and Kaiden's birthday we decided to invite Ron, justice, Rosely, Parker, his girlfriend, and his daughter over. We bought a chocolate cake, and a vanilla cake, cookies, chips, and pop. We also have squeakers and the count down playing on the tv. Parker walks in and short leg after his daughter and girlfriend come in.
"Hey." He says walking over to Brent and they start talking.
"Hey Madeline, thanks for inviting us." The girl has short brown hair, pale skin, large eyes but not to big they suit her(they're green), she wears a full face of makeup with bright red lipstick, a blue flannel, and navy blue skinny jeans.
"No it's nice to have you." We all sit in the living room.
"This is Annabelle."she smiles. Kaiden goes up to her and takes her hand to show her the house.
"Well looks like she found her first boyfriend." We laugh. We start to ask questions about each other and get to know each other.
"Hey babe, can you get me a drink?" Parker asks. She gets up and comes back with a Coke in her hand.
"I swear he gets me to do everything for him." She smiles.
"Brent usually offers to do everything." He looks over at me and has a confused look on his face. Ron comes and sits beside me.
"You still look seventeen." He says. My hairs still blonde and long, I still have my bright blue eyes, I basically wear the same clothes, and I'm just as skinny.
"Thanks for the update." I tell him.
"The only thing that's different is you're engaged and have a child." He tells me like I don't already know.
"Ron, how stupid do you think I am?" I slap him in the stomach.

                               6:40.
    We all sit in the living room and the kids sit in the dinning room eating cake.
"Now we get to deal with screaming children." Arianna says. She's only twenty years old but looks a bit older, a lot of it is probably just the make up.
"Oh shit, exams are soon." Parker says taking a big bite of cake. We all continue a conversation until Kaiden comes in screaming.
"Mommy! Daddy!" He comes, he looks horrified.
"What's wrong?" I ask standing up and setting my plate down.
"Anni, she- she hit her head." Arianna's mouth drops. She gets up and runs into the dining room, I follow. Annabelle sits on the chair holding her hand up to her head and crying. You can see blood.
"Annebelle! What happened?" She's worried, and trying to help calm down Annabelle.
"I'll get the car started!" Brent yells.
"Ron, justice can you stay here and keep an eye on Kaiden, if Rosely needs to go for a nap then his beds free." I say quickly. We hurry to get in the car, Parker and Arianna sit in the back with her. Ron calls me just as we start driving.
"Kaiden told me what happened, she unbuckled the straps to the booster seat and leaned forward, hit her head on the table and then fell to the ground. He helped her get up and sit back on the chair." He says trying to catch his breath.
"Oh my god." I hang up. I tell them what happened.

We arrive at the hospital, they rush to get in. The lady at the desk doesn't hesitate and she calls a doctor to be with them right away. Me and Brent sit in the waiting room, there's someone else here and she looks very scared and nervous.
"I don't know how she would have hit her head that hard on the floor." He tries to calm me and tells me not to worry so much.

I have to worry, it's my fault I didn't go sit with them, we all could've or at least me and Arianna.

8:56.
They moved into a different room, Annabelle had three small pieces of glass in her head. Now they are bandaging the wound. I send a text to Ron telling him what's happening and that we should be home soon. Me and Brent wait outside the room. Arianna comes out holding Annabelle, Parker walks out shortly after. We walk back to the car in silence.

We get back home, Ron and justice greet us and tell me that Rosely and Kaiden went to bed. We all go and sit down in the living room and watch the countdown.
"Hey are we allowed to scream when it's nearing twelve?" Parker asks me as he sits on the floor.
"Sure, but we'll probably walk up the kids." I respond.
"Kaiden will come running out all excited." Brent says and I kiss him.
We start talking about things we want to do and Justice mentions the road trip, so now Parker, Arianna, and Annabelle are most likely coming.

11:55
"Wait! I brought champaign!" Arianna says running into the kitchen. I walk into Kaiden's room and see Rosely and Kaiden sleeping. I don't bother to walk them up.
"Babe! Get down here!" Brent yells. I run down the stairs and realize it's eleven fifty nine.
"Let's make this year great!" Parker says. He's definitely different when he's not bored, he's more energetic.
"Five! Four! Three! Two! One!" We all scream and Arianna pops open the champaign. Brent comes up and kisses me. Annabelle looks up and starts to cry.
"Parker can you bring her to bed?" He nods and picks her up while trying to calm her.
"I'll get the car started and then we'll leave, it would be easier on them." He says walking out of the room. I call him back.
"No it's okay, you guys can stay. There's the pull out couch, air mattresses and we can get Kaiden to come to bed with us." I say starting to lose my voice.
"I'll get the beds ready in a bit." Brent says. Parker walks up stairs and says he'll bring her into Kaiden's room. Arianna grabs glasses and comes back with them filled up with the alcohol.

     We drink and talk and then end up going to bed around three. Kaiden comes to bed with us and the girls share a bed, even though they should be in a crib.