Chapter 1

"Egon, up, first day of high school." The sound of a mother's voice called to a boy sleeping in his bed. He reaches for his pair of glasses, and the alarm clock plays an electro tune.

The boy dons his glasses and removes the covers to reveal his image. He has auburn hair ruffled up, he has fair white skin, his eyes were all brown, he wears a white pair of pajamas. He stands from his bed and makes it quickly as possible, and when he finishes making his bed, he sprints expeditiously to the bathroom with a smooth, elegant, dove white towel in his right hand. He slams the bathroom door to shower, and the Spengler family watch today's news on the television as the anchor explain the story about the paranormal events striking through the populated areas of New York City. The auburn haired teen enters in his baby blue dressed shirt, jet black trousers with suspenders attached, and white suede boots matching his wool socks. As the teams at down in the table, he sits there paying attention to the morning news. 

"Paranormal activity, yet again." he spoke to his mother. 

"How do you notice it, Egon?" his mother queried. 

"I read the nonfiction book of parapsychology 101, it indicates how an individual captures an apparition using the necessary gear. I, too, am familiar with the ghostly incident." Egon responded, drinking his tea. 

"Son, I know you're into supernatural since then; we all know years ago apparitions were absent from their foresight rampaging the spaces in the condemned edifice and terrifying innocents. In other words, there is no such thing as ghosts." Egon's father replied. 

"Your father is right, it's not like ghosts exist in the fifth dimension." she replied to Egon. 

"You guys are paranoid, aren't you?" Egon queried. 

"Come on, you're going to be late for school." His father responded, as Egon follows his father to the car until his uncle Cyrus appeared, "never mind, Cyrus, you take Egon." 

"I'm on it." Cyrus replied to his brother. 

"Uncle Cyrus, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Ohio preventing any paranormal activity?" Egon quizzed. 

"I'll explain it on the way, for now, I'm taking you to school." he replied, so Egon opens the passenger door of his uncle's automobile and straps in his seat belt. 

"So, what's new since you are on your break at the lab?" Egon stated with a delicate grin. 

"Egon, Egon, Egon. You know how hard I have worked at the lab before you ask me the question. One day you'll be old enough to explain the thought about my working process." his uncle remarked, and he stops the car when the light changes to red. 

The high school Egon will be attending is 6 miles from his house in Manhattan, so he is holding a political map of New York noting the location. He gazes at the cars next to his uncles and pedestrians crossing the street; indeed, city sidewalks have worked up the citizens of New York since the mayor's approval. The light turns green after the pedestrians made it across and the cars from the other side of the intersection cease from motion. Also, Egon needs to return an archaic book he borrowed to the public library because it's due on the first day of classes in September of the year. His uncle stops at the parking lot of the library so Egon can expeditiously return the book to the librarian. He sprints upstairs to the main door and quietly enters the interior, for it takes a diplomatic reader to submit it on time. A librarian, studying Egon's appearance, approaches after filing the books. She has platinum blonde hair tied to a bun, she has beige skin, big, beautiful, crystal blue eyes, her lips were painted everbloom magenta, she wears a rare gray blouse underneath her light gray business jacket matching her long skirt, and she wears ebony black sandals. Egon places the dusty old book on top of the desk to attract the librarian's attention, so she glimpses at him boldly.