Chapter 17

The idea of crossing into a dimensional portal to the other end of the alternate universe leads to the boys out of sight. Despite the files of the villains the Spectral Exterminators fought, the Busters ponder of a way to catch Cazzar. They enter the library to research the facts of the agent Cazzar knowing his next move on New York after Ariana's concert comes to an end. The four Ghostbusters climb to the flight of stairs to the New York Public Library, and Egon opens the door and finds Alice, Maryse's friend, stacking up the books in alphabetical order. She glimpses at the boys carefully and nearly freaked preventing the books from falling down. 

"How can I help you gentlemen?" Alice questioned, placing the stacked books in front of her wooden desk adjacent her Dell desktop and printer. 

"Is Maryse here?" Egon asked.

"she's not here today, anything I can help you with?" she inquired, cleaning her glasses. 

"yes, we're here to investigate the enigma and history of the fiend Cazzar." Egon responded to Alice despite the facts he collected from the lecture he discovered. 

"How was busting coming along?" Alice questioned. 

"Busy including the one we fought to save a celebrity's concert in Madison Square Garden." Peter answered, glancing at the barren shelves from his right. 

"By celebrity, you meant Ms. Grande, Venkman?" Winston stated. 

"Even he knows about it." Peter pointed out. 

"You should've seen her in concert, it was spectacular. She invited us on stage." Ray added. 

"I've heard." Alice grinned, "can you do me a favor? Can you stack up those books in alphabetical order?" 

"Sure, no problem." Ray replied, taking the stack of books from the desk as he ambles to the shelf from his right to alphabetize them until he hears hissing clamors echoing through the hallways. 

It feels like something is trying to lure the ginger-haired ghostbuster to an unrecognizable trap, so he follows the sound of the hissing voice distractedly. Suddenly, an evil man, with tricorn black feathers surrounding his head and body, hurls a neon-green spiral fire ball to fetter Ray's sight, for it was Dr. Reynolds but changed since Mrs. Hawkins fire him from his job as a science teacher. He was possessed by the ghost of Cazzar and currently works for Gozer to plot the end of the world; Ray rolls his eyes to regain his sight, and the other Ghostbusters arrive to the area where Ray was about to stack the books.

"Ray, what happened?" Peter questioned and places his hand on Ray's shoulder. 

"A fiend with black feathers hurls a spiral on me." Ray answered, still rolling his eyes. 

"You saw Cazzar, right?" he asked. 

"Afraid so." Ray replied. 

The boys exit from the section of the library after an incident occur with Cazzar blinding Ray, for Egon uses his PKE meter to scan his spurious, arrogant, and psychotic existence. They follow a trail of footprints that can lead to an interdimensional portal to Cazzar's universe starting with his dungeon. In addition, Egon tilts his right hand with the PKE meter upward scanning rare books, for he detects an operative sample as the lights flash blue. Winston surveys the interior sites of the library, yet there's no sign of the fiend in any of the shelves nor the desk with the empty containers. Peter receives an incoming message from Principal Glenwich on Ray's iPhone about the interior. Ray rolls his eyes again, yet his sight wasn't regain despite the lustrous effects of the neon-green spiral fire ball. 

"Alright Glenwich, what up?!" Peter asked. 

"My lord, Cazzar is in this section you're on at the public library. I feared his diabolical schemes might endure when he shares with Gozer the termination of our planet. Which one of you saw Cazzar first?" Glenwich asked the Ghostbusters, so Peter, Egon, and Winston point at the ginger-haired boy with the ecto-goggles.