Chapter 4

The next day of school seemed for the four best friends a horrific start, but the principal has confirmed the school has undergo real exorcism despite the incident with a majority of apparitions. However, Egon opens the door to detect if the phantoms exist in different areas, so the others follow him as Egon's PKE meter scans for any ghosts haunting in this area. He hears an echoing child's sob of a toddler girl from the closet of the academy, and Ray opens the door of the closet and finds her. She has golden blonde hair tied to a short ponytail, a pink and white beaded bracelet, her eyes are baby blue, she wears magenta pink shorts, a yellow blouse with the light pink logo, and her face bawls tears. 

"There, there, there." Ray whispered, comforting the child, "it's ok a group of teenagers are here catching a malevolent horde of spirits. What's your name, sweetheart?" 

"Sally." a the young girl wheezed. 

"Well Sally, you're safe with us. I'm Ray, this is Peter, Winston, and Egon." Ray replied. 

"Ok, suppose you tell us what the problem is." Peter queried. 

"It's the boogeyman, he comes out and scare me." Sally wailed. 

"I knew it." Egon responded, and he approaches to the young girl bending his knees and rest his right hand on her left shoulder willing to share his past with her, "you're not the only one who has the fear of the boogeyman in a young age." 

"What are you talking about?" Sally asked wiping the tears off her face. 

Egon turns to the others stating her connection, "the truth is I used to scared of the boogey when I was your age, and I wanted to find a logical way to stop him." 

"Will you get rid of the boogeyman for me?" she requested happily. 

"Sure, I understand your phobia." Egon answered, drawing out a tissue for Sally. 

She wipes the tears from her face, and the gentlemen suspect the boogey man's trail coming across the windows and crumpled walls. The four investigate the reason of the mass hysteria, for they follow the trail sense by the PKE meter as it signals its red flashes. The shadows of the boogeyman emerged through the darkness haunting Sally and the gentlemen. 

"Do you think this area is utterly strange?" Ray asked the others. 

"Theoretically, we have to find a way to capture that loosen felon." Egon replied. 

"I say we should split up into two teams to stop the boogeyman from destroying the campus, Winston, you're with me to find the boogeyman in the A building. Sally, you're with Egon and Ray in the B building." Peter commanded, with his right fist clutch. 

They bisect to teams with Peter and Winston take the route to the second floor of the A building, and Egon, Ray, and Sally inspect the second floor of the B building. Egon collects the signal from the B building, and it came from the auditorium regardless on their hope for survival. The auditorium is decorated with auburn red curtains covering the background for any play the school puts on. There were 250 red seats from the left section of the corridor to the right. Plus, they had a white screen for the projector to film in a movie on any occasions. Ray quietly opens the door avoiding any creak sounds despite a gash of crimson red smoke. Egon waves his right arm to clear the smoke from his sight; however, the boogey man's mind games terrify Sally more than what it does to Egon. Sally breaks into tearful sobs, but Egon shushes her kindly to appease her fear. 

"Ray, any sign of him?" Egon queried. 

"Nothing yet, Egon." Ray answered. 

He turns to Sally for understanding, "Sally, if you see the boogeyman scaring you, yell my name or his name five times."