(12)

I lie on my stomach letting the warm sun heat up my back. My feet are covered in sand. And my hair is damp with salt water making it go curly. Now this is my type of date. One where you can wind down and relax. "Happy six month anniversary Adeline." Luke sits up from his position of lying down and gives me a little box.
"You got me a gift?" I sit up to have a better look at it.
"Of course I did." I open up the little box to see a ring. The ring is absolutely beautiful it is an infinity sign with white and blue diamonds.
"Oh my goodness Luke." Tears of happiness pour out of my eyes.

"It's a promise ring. It means I promise to love you with all my heart. And I promise to you that one day I will get down on one knee and ask you to become my beautiful bride." The tears won't stop running down my cheeks as slip the ring onto my finger carefully.

"I love you Luke."
"I Love you too Adeline." We lie down together until the sunsets. I gaze up to the stars with my hands intertwined with his. We lie there in silence not an awkward silence a peaceful one.
"The serenity is so nice out here, You know there aren't kids screaming and adults fighting." He says breaking the silence.
"Be quiet you're ruining it! Just kidding I love you but I would love you more when you don't talk." I joke. "Sorry But I think we should get home don't you think it's a little late." He says sitting up looking down on my body. I smile and sit up next to him and lean my head in the crook of his shoulder.
"I love you to the moon and back." I say kissing his neck.
"I love you to the moon and back and even more my love." I stand up and pull Luke up as well. I sit on the couch alone. Tonight Luke said I love you, call me cliché and all but that means a lot to me. Tonight Luke said one day I would become is bride. He made a promise to love me with all his heart. Tonight's gift has been the sweetest thing I have ever received. I have to call Sapphire my best friend we haven't talked in like a year but that's mostly because she is all the way in Africa Saving the world or something. "Hey Sapphire!"
"Adeline we haven't talked in like a year what happened." She questions through the phone.
"It's been a busy year with Dancing, My emotional health and boyfriend."
"Its okay I got back from Africa Two days ago just finished all my doctor's visits. So a boy and how is the anxiety and depression?" Of course she completely skips over talking about herself.
"Well I have been laying off the pills as I have been good for six months well since I started dating Luke."
"Is he attractive?"
"Oh Very attractive and tonight he gave me a promise ring. He promised to love me with all his heart and gave a speech and it was so cute." "So he is hot?"
"Yeah I guess. But he is mine okay."
"Okay, Okay is he good in bed."
"Oh my goodness Sapphire do you need some holy water."
"Well is he good in bed?"
"I wouldn't know. So shut up you dirty little girl." I joke. Sapphire and I talk for the next two hours about her awesome life doing volunteer work in Africa and teaching English classes to cute seven year olds. I climb into bed with Luke after the long phone call to my friend. I snuggle up next to him.
"So why did Sapphire need Holy Water?" Oh dear he probably heard that whole conversation.
"Do you really want to know?" "Yes we have to be honest in this relationship."
"She asked if you were good in bed." I blush.
"Well am I?" He asks with a smirk.
"You are an idiot we haven't even done it. But you snore a lot so I would say you're not very good in bed." I laugh trying to get through the awkwardness.
"Hey you snore too." He says rolling over.
"But you snore like a bloody freight train." "Good Night, I love you." He whispers lightly from the other side of the bed.
"I love you too sweet dreams." "Oh my goodness Adeline Harriet Cook! Luke Proposes and you don't say anything." My mother eyes off the ring on my finger.
"Mum it's a promise ring. It's basically a ring to tell me one day he will propose." I say looking at it quickly remembering the cute speech he gave me.
"Aww how sweet of him. He is going to be a great son in-law." She smiles from her work desk.
"But what if something happens. What if he leaves me? I don't know if I could handle that sort of rejection. I really love him mum I really do."
"Honey if he leaves you it's his loss. But I doubt that will happen Luke is a really good boy. And maybe you could come back and work for me if stuff doesn't work out." She reassures me. "Okay but mum no offence I don't want to work in the family business anymore." I say cautiously.
"Honey it's a family business for a reason the family works there so should you." She says looking through her files.
"Mum I think I can make my own career decisions anyway I'm not qualified to do anything other than administration." I say looking down at my nails.

"Well would you please give this talk thing tomorrow night at this seminar? It will go for like twenty minutes and just talk about your battle with mental illness and things that can help people." My mum says handing me an invitation to the seminar.
"Fine I will be there bye Mum."
"I love you baby girl, bye." She blows me a kiss as I leave the office.

e