Chapter 2

The ride home was filled with music and laughs.

"What video games do you want to play? " he asked pulling in to his drive way. Taking a moment to think before I answered him I got out the car.

"Anything at all." I answered looking down and waiting for him to open the door.

"Okay order the pizza and I'll get everything ready in my room. " he said walking in to the house. We gave our hugs and said our hellos to his mom before heading upstairs.

"One large pepperoni pizza and a dozen hot wings please. " I ordered as I walked in his room and sat on his comfortable queen sized bed. He gave me a smile and handed me a t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts.

"Thank you." I gave him hug and ran to the bathroom to change. As I walked back I could hear the theme song to street fighter coming from his room.

"I think I can beat you." I smirked as I laid along the doorway.

"No you won't silly." He smiled and grabbed me by the hand and giving me a controller. Thirty minutes to an hour was filled with him letting me win, as the room was filled with screams and laughs.

"Austin pizza's here. " he's mom yelled from downstairs.

"Stay here and pick a movie I'll bring your food." He smiled before closing the door behind him. Looking through his movies I thought to myself why couldn't he pick? But knowing that'll need of in a back and forth war between us I  brushed it off. Switching his flat screen from Xbox to the DVD player he walked in with two plates of food.

"What'd you pick?" He asked sitting both plates on the night stand beside the bed. "Sandlot " I answered pressing play and taking a seat next to him.

"Two slices and six wings for you! " he said handing me a plate. 

"I don't think I'll be able to finish all this! " I mumbled taking that my eyes wanted more than my stomach.

"It's fine just eat what you can! "He smiled before taking a bite off a wing. About half way through the movie we finished only up to what our stomachs could handle. Jokingly I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach.

"You're gonna be an uncle... " I trailed off in a serious tone. He looked at me wide eyed letting me continue.

"The father's pizza and wings." I finished letting out a laugh as he did the same.

"You're to silly . But this movie is really boring me. " I nodded in agreement and got up to pick a different one.

"What do you want to watch? " I asked looking at the stack of movies he had on a self.

"Anything " he groaned and flopping his body on the bed to make him appear to be sleeping. I giggled at the sight and turned back to the movies. I picked a movie that would appeal more to him than it would to me. I pressed play and as I walked back to lay down I checked my phone to see the time. Seeing that I had about three more hours with Austin I got under the covers and angled myself to see the TV. He did the same as well as got a bit closer, his warmth sending me into a deep sleep. 
   I woke up naturally from my nap to see Austin asleep at my side and the movie had come to an end. I got out of bed being careful not to wake him knowing he was a light sleeper. When I checked my phone the time read eight thirty and a text from mom. I opened my phone to see a text that read.

Mom:  I'm going out so if you want to stay at Austin's it's fine as long as you're back by tomorrow.

I replied back to her letting her know I understood and turned to face my now snoring best friend. I chuckled at how peaceful he looked sleeping.

"Austin?" I tapped his shoulder to make sure I got his attention. He groaned letting me know he was listening.

"My mom went out can I stay?" I asked my voice just above a whisper.

"Always" He said opening his eyes and turning his attention to me.

"Okay. Don't look!" I said as I went to take off the shorts he let me borrow.

"I shouldn't give you shorts if you're just gonna end you taking them off." He slurred as I claimed back in under the covers.

"You know I can hardly sleep in shorts I feel restricted. Basically the same reason you don't wear a shirt while you sleep. " I said looking and his bear shoulders that weren't covered.

"Sleeping shirtless feels wonderful you should try it sometime! " he said getting close enough for me to feel his bear chest under the covers.

"One day but not right now" I giggled and turned to face the wall. As he placed his arm over my stomach in a protective manor he wished me a goodnight.

"Goodnight best friend." I slurred as I closes my eyelids and fell into a peaceful darkness.