Chapter 16

We woke up around five the next morning to get an early start on the day. Like usual I left a note saying where I'd be and left.

"Are you ready? " he asked as we approached the side of the meadow that lead to the lake.

"Yeah! " I took a deep breath and gave him a smile.

"Babe, you'll be fine. I promise. "He made me face him and gave me a soft kiss on my lips. I let out a smile and nodded my head. I knew he would take care of me and I knew you wouldn't let anything happen to me either. I held his hand as he lead us in woods. Our morning was filled with looking at the way a tree had grown and him teaching me what I could touch and what I shouldn't.

"Are these eatable? " I asked stopping and looking up to him as I began to pick them.

"Noo!! " he gently took them out of my hand and placed the in a cup shaped leaf.

"White and yellow kill a fellow, purple and blue good for you." He gave me a smile and took me by the hand. I couldn't tell what time it was and decided not to ask knowing he knew what he was doing.

"This looks like a good spot to set up camp! " he put down his bags and helped me put down mine. The spot looked cute; it was a flat surface and the trees seemed to have made a perfect circle around it.

"I'll set up the tent, can you find some rocks and sticks for the fire?" He gave me a smile and I did what he asked. I picked up about six rocks and enough sticks to last the whole night. As he continued to set up the tent and our sleeping bags,  I started to set up the where we would have the fire. I put the rocks in a nice circle than neatly put the sticks inside. I grabbed the cooking supplies from my bag and enough food for us to eat.

"Can you start the fire?" I asked as he walked out of the tent and over by me.

"Of course! " he exclaimed and picked of his bag and pulling out a fire starter. I made our diner and started to relax as I heard the crackling of the fire.

"It's nice out here." I smiled and looked up to see millions of stars.

"They're almost as beautiful as you! " he noticed what I was looking at and looked up as he put his arms around me.

"Not even close." I let out a giggle and looked at him.

"That's not what I think. " he looked down at me and smiled back. I saw the stars and fire twinkle in his eye. I gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

"We need to go to bed babe gotta get up early! " I got up and pulled him by the hand.

"You're right but I gotta put the fire out. " he let go of my hand looked for some water.

"I'll be waiting. " I gave him a smile and walked in the tent and laid down. I felt him come in and lay down next to me. I turned to face him and gave him a kiss once again.

"Goodnight babe. " I pulled away but I was still close enough to feel his breath.

"Goodnight baby" he soft voice made my heart flutter. He kissed me in my forehead the exact moment I fell in a deep sleep.