Chapter 3

I woke up to the sun bleeding in through the window. I notice that Austin's body was replaced with a small note that read:

Good Morning Spen!  Come down stairs when you're ready.
  Austin.

The small note made me smile. I got up to do just as it said. I took my time in the bathroom putting my hair up into a messy bun not caring if it looked cute. After returning to his room I slipped on my jeans and leaving his shirt on, simply because it was cozy and I liked it. I glazed over myself in the mirror to make sure I didn't look to bad. As I headed downstairs as the smell of food took over the house.

"Good morning" I said to see my
best friend flipping pancakes. The sight of him trying to act 'professional ' made me laugh.

"Morning sleeping beauty !" He exclaimed letting a smile leave his lips. "Any dreams? " he asked before turning his attention back to the stove.

"No" I said looking down at the counter I sat in front of.

"Well that's to bad " he said his attention still on what he was doing. I felt no need to answer so I sat there letting the sound of the sizzling fill the house.

"Three sausages, half a pancake, warm syrup and chocolate milk for the nice lady. " he turned with a plate and a glass in his hands with a big smile.  As he sat the items in front of me I smiled.

"What did I do to deserve this? " I asked waiting for him to fix his plate and joining me.

"Why wouldn't you deserve it?" He asked raising in eyebrow. The smile that appeared on is face showed that if I were to try to argue back I'd lose. So I let it be and settled it with a thank you.

We ate our breakfast with little to no conversation. I helped him clean our mess as well as clean the house a bit so his mom wouldn't have to do much when she got home. I sat in his bed and watched him as he looked through his closet for something to wear. After picking a black shirt he turned to face the endless wall of shoes.

"Which ones?" He asked looking up to me than back down .

"Well what do you have planed for us today?" I stood up to get a better look to make sure could pick the shoes that suite his outfit best, but were also appropriate for our plans.

"Well I was thinking of going to our tree to see what we needed from the store." He sat on the bed still looking down.

"Than those ones" I pointed to an old pair of black Jordan's I knew he wouldn't mind if they got a little dirt on them.

"I was thinking the same thing." He said grabbing the shoes off the floor. I did the same and tucked his shirt I was wearing in a little to fit me better. I decided to leave my hair in a bun considering we weren't going anywhere big.

"You look fine. Come in let's go." He watched as I gazed over myself one last time. I smirked to let him know I was ready.

"Markers, a lot of wood, nails..." he trailed off making a mental note of what we needed as he looked up to our falling down sanctuary.

"Paint don't forget paint! " I said smiling to make sure I made my point across. He smiled back and nodded.

"We have an old mattress in the garage I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind if we brought it here. " I said hinting that we needed more things in there than just our childhood things.

"I have an idea!" He said with a smile. With that I didn't question him knowing that he had a mind almost like mine. We walked back to his car noticing that it looked like it was about to rain. When we arrived at the store he went straight to picking out the lumber. He made sure the wood was strong enough to hold our weight as well as making sure it would last. When we walked over to the paint, I let out a squeal and started looking at the thousands of colors they had to choose from. I grabbed a big can of a royal purple color, as well as small cans of brown, green and a light pink.

"What's with the brown green and pink? " he asked getting the big brush we needed.

"I have an idea" I smiled at him getting smaller detail brushes. And placing them in the basket. I followed him to an area that had generators a long either side of the aisle.  He picked one out, and picked two packages of white Christmas lights as while as colorful ones. Before checking out we grabbed two boxes of garbage bags, as well as nails and screws. After helping him jam pack the back of his grandpas old truck with our supplies, he went to take me home.

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked as he pulled up in front of my house. He took a moment and checked his phone.

"No, I gotta go home. But be up by six thirty we gotta start working." he said with a smile and he nodded to the supplies in the back.

"Okay love text me when you get home. " I gave him a small hug and got out of the car. As I walked in I said hi to my mom grabbed a snack taken that I wasn't to hungry and went to my room.

I laid on my bed facing the ceiling thinking about the long days I had before me. After about fifteen minutes I took a quick shower and laid back down. I let the warmth of my covers take over me as my thoughts raced.