Chapter 10

I walked into the woods near my house trying to find a good tree to clam. As I looked over each tree I saw one that was in the middle of an open meadow. The flowers that surrounding it made the tree stand out and gave it a beautiful look I never seen before.

I claimed up the tree high enough to get away from people and low enough to be a safe distance from the ground. Looking at the nice view of the lake and million of other trees I began to cry. My life at home was nothing like movies put it out to be. My parents did nothing but fight and pay little attention to me. The thought of being worthless was always in mind given they made me feel that way. No one could ever love me. No one would ever want to be friends with a girl who's family wasn't perfect. No one could ever care about me. I thought of all these things as I picked leaves from the millions of branches surrounding me.

"Why are you crying? " l looked you to see a boy just about my age sitting on the branch across from me.

"You wouldn't understand... nor would you care." I looked down and wiped the tears off my cheek. Who the boy was I didn't know but having him around didn't seem so bad.

"I think I could if you told me what was wrong. My mom always told me to never let a girl cry. And I don't know about you but I think you're too pretty to be crying. " he looked at me with a comforting smile.

"I'm not pretty... " I mumbled as I looked back down and started to cry.

"Who told you that?" He asked moving to the branch I sat on.

"Everyone . I always get called ugly at school. And my parents never take notice of me. So I must be ugly. " as the tears came harder my vision grew blurry. " Will I don't think you're ugly and if one person doesn't think so than you're not." He exclaimed lifting up my chin and wiping my tears away.

"I'm Austin what's your name?" His smile was big a bright and his eyes sparkled in what was left of the sun light.

"Spencer... " I trailed off and looked at the sun set. It was beautiful and peaceful . I turned my had to see him do the same.

"It's getting late we should go home before someone starts to worry! " he said helping me down the tree. When we got to the bottom of the tree he picked up a floor and handed it to me.

"Well you be here again tomorrow Spencer? " he asked looking down appearing to be shy.

"Yeah... it's the only place I get time be me." I mumbled the last part and played with the floor.

"Well when your with me you don't have to hide. You can be yourself. "

He smiled and gave me a soft hug. The way home was filled with thoughts . I didn't want to go back. I wanted to stay on the tree where the world looked perfect. Were it was perfect. I walked in the house trying not time make a sound so I wouldn't start anything. I ran to my room shut the door and went to sleep.

"Earth to Spencer.!! " Austin yelled taking me out of my day dream.

"I-I-I'm sorry... " I mumbled quietly looking up at him.

"It's fine.. want to tell me what you were thinking about? " he asked with a concerned look in his face.

"The day we first meet."