C.7

One week later...

||Kayla Phillips||

I'm sitting in this courtroom listening to them talk. I was zoning out. I feel like I'm at a funeral.. I basically am. Because after this hearing my sons career and life will be dead. I already know they're going to make him serve time. I just hope it isn't a lot of time.

"The jury has c-"

"Excuse me." Anthony interrupted

"Don't interrupted, Mr. Alsina.. But continue."

"Nevermind. It won't even matter."

"Okay." The judge looked at the paper. "You're being charged with statutory rape, public intoxication and second degree misdemeanor. You will serve seventeen years and twenty five days at Attica Correctional Facility in Attica, New York." He said.

"What?!" I busted out crying

"Hell nah! All the way across the country? Y'all panned this shit. My so-"

"Do you wanna go to prison too?" The judge asked swiftly getting up from his seat and leaving the room.

Me, and my kids was crying. My baby's going away for 17 years and almost a full month. That's a terrible fucking thing and a terrible fucking prison. "I Hate You!" Ayla shouted and I seen her standing in front of Chelsey's face. I rushed over to her and grabbed her. On my way taking Ayla out of the court room I seen Keelen approaching. He stared at Ayla and then rolled his eyes at me. "Bitch." He mumbled

"Did you just call my mother a bitch?!" Ayla got loud.

"He sho' did lil mama, what you gonna do about it?" His little friend said.

"Man, fuck them.. Ya dig? My g-ma need me ta give something to my dad. That's all we gonna do." He said flapping an envelope in the air. "What is that?" I asked

"Tha fuck if I kno." He walked off. "Ayla, calm down. Don't you dare say anything to anybody and ignore anybody that says something to you except me, okay?" She nodded. On my way into the court room August was coming out undoing the envelope. "What's that baby?" I asked.

"DNA test." He said confused. "I don't rememba' taking one, whea's mama Ke?"

"She's in the cab." I followed him out there. He exchanged a few words with his mom before he raised up and leaned with his back against the car. He looked straight towards the bottom and his once emotionless face was changed with the emotion of anger and hurt. I was confused. I went up to him and he pushed me. "Stay tha fuck away from me." He spat and got in the cab. "August! Baby what's wrong?" I asked. "Go ask Ky'Lin's daddy. I have nothing else ta say to yo ass."

What? "Baby! You ARE Ky'Lins father!!" I cried.

"I bet It's that Miguel nigga." Keelen laughed before they sped off. I picked the paper up from the ground and read it. It said August wasn't the father. How? I don't remember fucking anybody else. Was I drunk? What the fuck is going on.

"Mom. What's wrong?" Ayla came out beside me. Horns honking at us letting us know we were in the way. She grabbed the paper from me, I snatched it back.