C.13 (part three)

||Kayla Phillips||

"Yeah?" August answered the phone.

"August, come get your daughter." I told him.

"Kayla.. Man, why?"

"Because August she has a smart ass mouth and calls herself hating me. You come get her and don't fucking question me... They are your children.. Don't ya think you should come and get them every so often?"

"I can't."

"Excuse me. Why? Explain."

"For one I don't live in the same fuckin' state as y'all and for two I'm not fuckin' home." He raised his voice.

"And for three ima new you to watch how you talk to me, nigga. Where."

He chuckled. "Yes ma'am. I'm in New York visiting Ant."

"How's my baby?" I asked

"Well... He hates me."

"I know how he feels."

The line went silent. I looked at my phone and seen that the call ended. "Bitch." I mumbled. "Getcha ass upstairs and don't come out that damn room until I tell you to." I told her and she went. "Mom." Ky'La and Ky'Lin ran up to me. "What?"

"Can we make cookie?" They both asked. "Ma.. Ty finna pick me up." Kin'Ni came down.

"Did I say you can go anywhere?" I asked. He shook his head 'no'

"Okay.." I said. "Are you gonna ask?" I added.

"Oh.. Can I go?" He asked

"Where exactly are you going to?"

"The mall and then his house."

"You can go, but you better be home by six, understand?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Now what La?" I asked Ky'La

"Can me and Ky make cookiiiieees!" She said in a begging tone.

"Hold on and I'll get the cookie dough out for y'all." I told her and then walked upstairs to Ayla's room. On my way up there I heard the doorbell ring. "Answer that Kin'Ni!" I yelled. "Ayla, unlock your door." I said calmly. After about a minute she came and opened it. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I sat on her bed and sat beside her. "Look, I'm sorry. You took what I said the wrong way. I never said I hated y'all. If I hated y'all do you think I'd have you in my house? I'd be trying my best to get rid of y'all. But y'all are my life. I've risked so much just for y'all. Especially with you and your other brothers whom I had at the same. Y'all was my worst pregnancy and I thought I was dying, at times when I was pregnant with y'all I thought about taking my own life to stop my pain, but I had to think... Anthony needs me. And y'all.. I stuck it out for y'all because I didn't want to give up a big blessing and that's what all seven of you are. Ruini-"

"You don't have to explain nothing to her, you a grown ass woman. She's the child." I turned around and seen Trey. "No, Trey.. I got this. You don't even kn-"