CHAPTER ONE: Living in Konoha for the Second Time

Naruto

"That Sasuke..." I scoffed. "I can't believe all the girls could like someone as cold and idiotic as him, 'ttebayo!" I pressed my lips into a thin line as I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "Not when they have someone as awesome as myself right in front of them!" I clicked my tongue.

I looked over me at a bird that flew by. My lips titled up into a mischievous smirk when an idea came to my head. All I needed to get the girls attention were Sasuke's looks! My gaze drifted over to one of the buildings of the Academy, and my grin widened when I saw Sasuke standing near one of the windows, eating a rice ball.

"Now, Uchiha..." I chuckled evilly. "I hope you're enjoying your lunch, 'cause you won't be able to eat with your arms tied up, 'ttebayo!"

* * *

Kakashi

The Hokage summoned me this morning to his office to show me the information documents about the Genin that I would have to take as pupils from today. I sighed tiredly as I recalled when I was told that it was time for the supervisors to meet their students. I secretly hoped that mine wouldn't pass the Graduation Exam but I guess I expected too much—especially since the test consisted of something as easy as the Bunshin no Jutsu. The one who didn't pass that exam isn't apt to become a shinobi at all.

I received the papers from the Hokage and eyed them thoroughly.

The first one was Haruno Sakura. Twelve-year-old, unnatural pink hair and emerald eyes. The best female grades in the Academy, number two rookie, excellent chakra control with a notable affinity towards Genjutsu... Guess I wouldn't have much trouble with her.

The second one, Uzumaki Naruto. Twelve-year-old, blue eyed blond. The worst grades in the Academy, didn't pass the Graduation Exam but Iruka approved him when he mastered the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. Doesn't have good chakra control and his development with weapons is a little bit astray. I sighed. Kami-sama, what did I do for you to punish me like this?

I would have never wanted to become the supervisor of the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi. But since Hanako left the village—and she was supposed to take this team—I didn't have much of a choice. I continued with the next paper.

The last one was Uchiha Sasuke. My eyes lingered for a bit in the name. This was Itachi's little brother. Finally, I found someone interesting to observe. Twelve-year-old, obsidian eyes and hair. The best grades in the Academy, number one rookie, regular chakra control and notable mastery of weapons.

I put the papers down. Sasuke was one of the survivors of the Uchiha Clan and the last one that remained in the Village. But this documents didn't mention anything about his Sharingan and its development. "Hokage-sama,"

"Hm?" The Third looked up at me.

"Are you sure about this combination?" I asked.

"What is the problem?"

"I'm not sure if you should put a member of the Uchiha in the same team as the Kyuubi's vessel." I frowned when the Hokage chuckled.

"You sounded just like the rest of the elders after saying that." He stood up from his desk and approached me. "There's more than the abilities to look up to when I'm forming the teams. I look into their background..." He started walking towards the exit to his office. "Follow me, Kakashi." he said, turning his head to look at me from over his shoulder. "Let's meet the kind of life your students live in."

* * *

Sasuke

"That idiot...what is he thinking?"